Cant link to Access Database from Delphi 3

I'm trying, but failing to connect to an Access database from Delphi
Any idea what is wrong?

Thanks for your time!

This works, but isn't very flexible...

    Run ODBCAD32 from the Control Panel
    On the System DSN tab, click Add.  This displays a list of installed
ODBC data drivers
    Choose Access Data*.mdb, and click Finish
    Type a name and description for the Access data source (e.g. TestAccess
for the data source name)
    Click on the select button and find the database
    Click OK a few times to come leave ODBCAD32

    Go into the BDE Administrator.
    Select Configure tab
    Select Configuration | Drivers | System | INIT
    Check that the Auto ODBC property (first on list) is set to true.
    IF Yes then just leave the program (the new driver will have been picked
up automatically)
    IF No leave, then reenter the program again. The driver will be detected
and saved this time

    On a form create a database component
    Point the alias to TestAccess

What's stopping me using this approach is that I cant then change the path
or name of the database from within my application and I have to modify
every machine the program is to run on for all the databases its likely to
encounter.

This doesnt work.

On a form create a database component
DatabaseName = d:\growth\growth32.mdb
DriverName= Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)

Trying to set Connected property to true  Error:Invalid Parameter

Neither does this.

DatabaseName = SomeMadeUpNameThatMyTableComponentsWillPointTo
DriverName= Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)

Click on Parameters and set
DATABASE NAME = d:\growth\growth32.mdb  (with or without single quotes)

Trying to set Connected property to true  Error:Invalid Configuration
Parameter Alias: SomeName

Or this

Double click on database component and click on Default to get default
parameter list
DATABASE NAME = d:\growth\growth32.mdb  (with or without single quotes)

Trying to set Connected property to true  Error:Invalid Configuration
Parameter Alias: SomeName

Or this

DatabaseName=SomeMadeUpName
DriverName= MSACCESS
Double click on Database control and set default Parameters
Set DATABASE NAME = d:/growth/growth32.mdb

Trying to set Connected property to true
ERROR:Cant load an IDAPI service library. File is
C:\WINNT\MSAPPS\DAO\DAO3032.DLL

Ive tried copying this file from another machine into the path shown here
to no avail.
Ive tried registering the file to, but it couldnt find: msjter32.dll

Anything else?
Thanks,
Mike

Re:Cant link to Access Database from Delphi 3

Mike Francis <mikef...@dial.pipex.com> wrote in message

> DatabaseName=SomeMadeUpName
> DriverName= MSACCESS
> Double click on Database control and set default Parameters
> Set DATABASE NAME = d:/growth/growth32.mdb

> Trying to set Connected property to true
> ERROR:Can't load an IDAPI service library. File is
> C:\WINNT\MSAPPS\DAO\DAO3032.DLL

Oooh, you are so close here.  You need to run BDEADMIN and go to the Configuration
tab.  In there drill down to the MSACCESS driver in the native drivers and set the
DLL32 to IDDA3532.DLL.  Assuming you have Access 97 installed and not Access 95
that should get rid of the error.

Mark

Re:Cant link to Access Database from Delphi 3

Thanks Mark, that worked fine.

One other thing I was doing which I sorted out eventually, was to remove the
space between 'DATABASE NAME =' and my file name and path
i.e. 'DATABASE NAME = d:\growth\growth.mdb' doesn't work, but
'DATABASE NAME =d:\growth\growth.mdb' works fine,

Thanks again for your help.
Mike

Mark Edington (Borland) wrote in message <80ai5g$2...@forums.borland.com>...

Other Threads