Database Login info saved in TDatabase

Hello,

I would like to find out if anyone knows if there is technology to
de-compile Delphi applications?  The project I am working on connects to a
SQL server online and I am concerned that if I forget to remove the
information stored in the TDatabase at design time could someone snoop and
get the security information?

Thanks,

Reid Roman
Future Generation Software
http://www.fgsoft.com

Re:Database Login info saved in TDatabase

You don't need a decompiler. The values in the Params property of the
TDatabase component are saved in plain ASCII test. Use any hex editor
to browse the EXE file and you can find them.

--
Bill (TeamB)

Re:Database Login info saved in TDatabase

Solution is extremely simple.
When developing you connect to another server with default (or whatever)
username and password. Deployed database should at least have different
password for this user or have this user disabled entirely.
You don't even need a decompiler to get this info, database params are
stored as text, so if you do a text search for "PASSWORD=", you get it.

--
Robert

Reid Roman wrote in message <3d3c9074$1_1@dnews>...
>Hello,

>I would like to find out if anyone knows if there is technology to
>de-compile Delphi applications?  The project I am working on connects to a
>SQL server online and I am concerned that if I forget to remove the
>information stored in the TDatabase at design time could someone snoop and
>get the security information?

>Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

>Thanks,

>Reid Roman
>Future Generation Software
>http://www.fgsoft.com

Re:Database Login info saved in TDatabase

Just what I suspected ...

Thanks,

Reid Roman
Future Generation Software