How to Set Database Name

    I'm not sure if this is the appropriate section for this question.
 If not, please point me to the right place.  Using Delphi 3:

     I am using a database component (IBOBJECTS) and   I need to set
the database name at runtime.  I am trying to access an IntrBase 5.0
database name from the IDAPI (borland database engine configuration
file)  using the API DbiOpenCfgInfoList command.
I am able to access the 'INTERBASESERVERNAME' leaf but not the correct
one.  This command appears to be accessing default values on my local
computer and I want it to access information from a network computer.
Could anyone tell me how to direct this command on where to look for
information?  Or does anyone have a better way of accessing a physical
database name when only the alias name is known?

Thanks,
Emily
to e-mail me, please change 'no-spam' in my e-mail address to
'counterworks'

Re:How to Set Database Name

It turns the BDE was set up incorrectly.  Everything is working
wonderfully now.  Please ignore my previous message.

Emily
to e-mail me, please change 'no-spam' in my e-mail address to
'counterworks'

Other Threads