Local InterBase 7.0 Licensing

Hello,

Am I missing something ?

I have installed InterBase 7 on my Win2K client machine to assess the
implications of moving from IB5.6 to IB 7.0

One of  the key areas of interest is connection monitoring.

I have backed-up and restored my 5.6 database to ODS 11.0 and all functions
are OK but I cannot access any of the data in the System Temporary Tables.
When I attempt to view data I get a "product DATABASE MONITOR is not
licensed" error message

Is this functionality not available in Local InterBase ?

Regards

Simon Wood
MISL

Re:Local InterBase 7.0 Licensing

Did you install the IB 7 demo version or have your purchased the media
kit and a license? What licenses are installed? Did you convert the
database to dialect 3?

--
Bill (TeamB)

Re:Local InterBase 7.0 Licensing

My best guess is that Craig is right in his suggestion that perhaps
you did not install all of the license certificates that came with the
media kit.

I have never heard of a case where you could select from one of the
TMP$ tables and not get any data.

--
Bill (TeamB)

Re:Local InterBase 7.0 Licensing

Simon,

the Connection monitoring (aka. Database monitoring) is only available with the
Server Edition licenses. It will not work with the Desktop Edition licenses.
The error that you are observing is the intended behaviour for InterBase 7
Desktop Edition systems.

Best wishes,
Sriram

Simon Wood wrote:
> Hello,

> Am I missing something ?

> I have installed InterBase 7 on my Win2K client machine to assess the
> implications of moving from IB5.6 to IB 7.0

> One of  the key areas of interest is connection monitoring.

> I have backed-up and restored my 5.6 database to ODS 11.0 and all functions
> are OK but I cannot access any of the data in the System Temporary Tables.
> When I attempt to view data I get a "product DATABASE MONITOR is not
> licensed" error message

> Is this functionality not available in Local InterBase ?

> Regards

> Simon Wood
> MISL

Other Threads