Delphi3 VCL in Delphi4

hi,
i have problem using  Delphi3 VCL in Delphi4
when i try to use it in Delphi 4 the events and properties are diferent and
some of them i missed.
Can I convert this VCL to working properly with Delphi4

Thanks in advance.

Re:Delphi3 VCL in Delphi4

> Can I convert this VCL to working properly with Delphi4

First, by "VCL" I assume you mean a 3rd party component, not the entire
Visual Component Library. Delphi 4 is generally compatible with Delphi 3;
what specific problems are you having with the third-party component. Of
course you can make it work in D4, but without any details, we can't really
speculate on what might be needed to do so.

- Rick

Re:Delphi3 VCL in Delphi4

sorry about my double message ( in two groups)
You right i'm not right about that VCL is diferent in Delphi 3 and 4
my mistake
i was mean that one component who i installed in Delphi3 , when i
installed in Delphi 4 the properties and events was diferent and some
methods are missed.
I don't know, but have some diference between Delphi3 and Delphi4
components.
"Rick Rogers (TeamB)" wrote:

> > Can I convert this VCL to working properly with Delphi4

> First, by "VCL" I assume you mean a 3rd party component, not the entire
> Visual Component Library. Delphi 4 is generally compatible with Delphi 3;
> what specific problems are you having with the third-party component. Of
> course you can make it work in D4, but without any details, we can't really
> speculate on what might be needed to do so.

> - Rick

Re:Delphi3 VCL in Delphi4

> i was mean that one component who i installed in Delphi3 , when i
> installed in Delphi 4 the properties and events was diferent and some
> methods are missed.

Okay, this is still too non-specific to help. What exact problems are you
having?

- Rick

Re:Delphi3 VCL in Delphi4

Hi (3gpacmu), }|{OPO.

Where is exactly problem and what D3 VCL you want use on Delphi 4.
You try to say that you can some component write on Delphi 3 and now when
you try to use it on Delphi 4, it not work?

Regard.

ps. I'm sorry for my very bad English.
pps. Move da mi pishesh i na Bulgarski, no na e-mail-a.
--
Petio Tonev
pto...@iname.com

Other Threads