Paradox, BDE, Samba issues

Hi all,

One of my apps uses paradox tables in a multiuser file sharing environment.
Now I've relocated the files on a Linux/Samba 2.2.7 fileserver.
I'm not allowing oplocks on the database directory and yet, I get index
corruptions.
To be more precise, some indexes go out of date.
Local share is true on all workstations.

Do you happen to know any issues concerning Paradox, BDE and Samba ?

TIA
Claudiu

Re:Paradox, BDE, Samba issues

Claudiu,

Here's a quote from Tom Krieg on the pnews.thedbcommunity.com
server:

> Try changing the version to the latest version.  Other than that, the only
> things we turned off was oplocks and level 2 oplocks, I think if they're
> turned off some of the other settings are irrelevant. Also, the Paradox .NET
> file directory and the paradox data directories have to be read/write/delete
> accessible for all users. Paradox creates .lck files when the first user
> logs in and all other users must be able to share that file. The only
> problem we had in the beginning was after the first user logged in no-one
> else could because the first user "owned" the .lck file. When we changed
> that, everything else worked.

...you might search over there if this doesn't help.  NOTE: All
Win NT, 2K and XP workstations will need oplocks turned off and
Win9x/Me stations may need their versions (new file locking,
caching) of these settings turned off.  If the Samba doesn't do
it and you need details on the Win settings, let us know.

Liz

Claudiu Balciza wrote:

> Hi all,

> One of my apps uses paradox tables in a multiuser file sharing environment.
> Now I've relocated the files on a Linux/Samba 2.2.7 fileserver.
> I'm not allowing oplocks on the database directory and yet, I get index
> corruptions.
> To be more precise, some indexes go out of date.
> Local share is true on all workstations.

> Do you happen to know any issues concerning Paradox, BDE and Samba ?

> TIA
> Claudiu

Other Threads