Shazam - what are people's opinions?

Hello all,

I am trying to evaluate end-user reporting tools and I have been very
impressed with the Shazam tools - I have downloaded a demo and it
seems to work excellently.

Anybody know of anything better?

Are there any hidden disadvantages?

Thanks.

Paul...

Re:Shazam - what are people's opinions?

I have shazam and it is an excellent tool.
The drawbacks are, everything is done in SQL so you can't use it with
databases Like FlashFiler or DBSAIM.
There are some weaknesses in the Query builder with complex queries but
there is a new version coming out in February that sold resolve the
limitations.

Another product I own, that a little harder to learn but really has no
limits is ReportPrinterPro3 (RP3). It now has a visual tool that is more
like a DeskTopPublishing program that a traditional Banded Report Writer.
You should Download the Demo

Paul Linehan wrote in message <369f67ac.23189...@forums.inprise.com>...

>Hello all,

>I am trying to evaluate end-user reporting tools and I have been very
>impressed with the Shazam tools - I have downloaded a demo and it
>seems to work excellently.

>Anybody know of anything better?

>Are there any hidden disadvantages?

>Thanks.

>Paul...

Re:Shazam - what are people's opinions?

> Derick

How do you filter your records with RP3? and Flash Filer?, how is the speed
with flash filer?
Theo

Re:Shazam - what are people's opinions?

"flash filer" is more power than traditional "BDE" - local database like
"dBase" and "Paradox", even "MS-Access" too.

small investment amount for real C/S database engine connected via TCP/IP and
IPX/IP even Standalone .EXE distribution - no BDE distribution required for
D3,D4 and CB3.

i am satisfy the connection speed for Office Inter-Networking wiht FlashFiler.

more info. can be found at : http://www.turbopower.com/products/flashfiler/

------
tkcham

Theo Pistorius wrote:
> > Derick

> How do you filter your records with RP3? and Flash Filer?, how is the speed
> with flash filer?
> Theo

Re:Shazam - what are people's opinions?

If you are using rave there is currently a onValidateRow in the
DataSetConector that will allow you to filter unwanted records. This is a
little slow compared to the BDE. If we can convince Turbopower to make the
server do the flittering it would speed up.
Just plain printing is pretty fast.
Setranges are extremely fast so If you combine the setrange and Filters you
get a pretty quick system.
As soon as the script language module is ready you will be able to do all of
this within RAVE.
Theo Pistorius wrote in message <369FF6B4.99C53...@global.co.za>...
>> Derick

>How do you filter your records with RP3? and Flash Filer?, how is the speed
>with flash filer?
>Theo

Other Threads