Q: Delphi--->Oracle7(Win95)

What do I do to connect Delphi to local Oracle7 for win95?
I guess, I missing appropriate driver..
Thank you
David

Re:Q: Delphi--->Oracle7(Win95)

On 7 Jan 1996 21:23:45 GMT, davi...@soho.ios.com wrote:

>What do I do to connect Delphi to local Oracle7 for win95?
>I guess, I missing appropriate driver..
>Thank you
>David

David,

Oracle for Win95 is a 32-bit app whereas Delphi is a 16-bit app.  I do
not believe that there is a reliable and supported way to do this.

...Jay

Re:Q: Delphi--->Oracle7(Win95)

In article <4cpdl1$...@news.ios.com>, davi...@soho.ios.com says...

>What do I do to connect Delphi to local Oracle7 for win95?
>I guess, I missing appropriate driver..
>Thank you
>David

There are some Required Support Files (???) that you need to install in order
to allow 16-bit apps to connect to the PO7 database.  I installed these from a
windows subdirectory located on the distribution CD.  My first attempt at PO7
for Win95 was from the download distribution.  I as not able to get any 16-bit
apps to connect with that attempt.  I paid $15 for the trial CD, which contains
all the files necessary to connect 16-bit apps.  BTW, I am using ODBC with
Delphi.  My C/S edition is still in the mail, so I do not know what kind of
luck I will have with native drivers.  ( erWin works fine with it, so it should
work...)

Re:Q: Delphi--->Oracle7(Win95)

I was able to make this work! And, with the Delphi native oracle drivers
(no ODBC).

Don't forget to read the docs on the oraWin95 download, there are notes in
it regarding the patches to 16bit apps'.

Server name needs to be set to:   2:

OraWin95 is MUCH faster than the old win version. It's actually usable on
a 16meg 486 machine.

One not of caution... win95 lost it when I stressed my Delhpi app'
against the database.

Other Threads