Var Word to Var String

How do I make a string equal to the value of a word var?
I know how to convert string to integer, so... I just need to know how
to go from word to string.

-DErAileD

Re:Var Word to Var String

> How do I make a string equal to the value of a word var?
> I know how to convert string to integer, so... I just need to know how
> to go from word to string.

   Str

Re:Var Word to Var String

DErAileD [mailto:jr...@pop.flash.net] decided to regale us with

>I know how to convert string to integer, so... I just need to know how
>to go from word to string.

The Str procedure in the System unit is what you are looking for.

--
Pedt

If smoking is so bad for you, how come it cures kippers?!

Re:Var Word to Var String

The system unit?
Ok... I've been trying, trying, trying to get str to work, but it
gives me an odd error every time. Oi!

-DErAileD

Re:Var Word to Var String

DErAileD [mailto:jr...@pop.flash.net] decided to regale us with
>The system unit?
>Ok... I've been trying, trying, trying to get str to work, but it
>gives me an odd error every time. Oi!

In which case you should post your source code here and we might be able
to help.
--
Pedt

If smoking is so bad for you, how come it cures kippers?!

Re:Var Word to Var String

He may still have a paid license to his compiler.
I purchased Turbo Pascal 7.0 through my school without the manuals.
Rich Pasco wrote:
> I got an e-mail from DErAileD <jr...@pop.flash.net> who said that he
> doesn't have the manuals (?) and thought a word was more like a string
> than like an integer.

> If he doesn't have the manuals he probably doesn't have a paid license
> to his compiler either; I wonder why we're helping him.

>      - Rich

Other Threads