Making AVI-files

How can I convert a set of bitmaps to an AVI-file in a Delphi program?
Is there a component which does this?

Re:Making AVI-files

I made a AVI from a animated GIF.
I supposed if you convert your bitmaps to a Animated GIF, using
"Animation Shop" that comes on the PSP 5.0 package, you can create  a
Animated GIF.
The problem could be the convertion of the Anim GIF to AVI, but there
is "GIF Movie Gear" that does that job for us.
Then you have only to use the AVI as a Animation Component.

Good luck,
   Fernando J.A. Silva  (aka ^Magico^)

Tore Ottinsen <tor...@hellerud.vgs.no> wrote:
>How can I convert a set of bitmaps to an AVI-file in a Delphi program?
>Is there a component which does this?

Re:Making AVI-files

Mr. Billy Gates has a AVI editor for free. I can dig up the URL for you if
you need it. This is a really good program, seeing that Microsoft invented
the AVI format.

Fernando J.A. Silva (aka ^Magico^) wrote in message
<36a6343c.3261...@news1.telepac.pt>...

>I made a AVI from a animated GIF.
>I supposed if you convert your bitmaps to a Animated GIF, using
>"Animation Shop" that comes on the PSP 5.0 package, you can create  a
>Animated GIF.
>The problem could be the convertion of the Anim GIF to AVI, but there
>is "GIF Movie Gear" that does that job for us.
>Then you have only to use the AVI as a Animation Component.

>Good luck,
>   Fernando J.A. Silva  (aka ^Magico^)

>Tore Ottinsen <tor...@hellerud.vgs.no> wrote:

>>How can I convert a set of bitmaps to an AVI-file in a Delphi program?
>>Is there a component which does this?

Re:Making AVI-files

if it's just a AVI to use in a delphi app then try AviCreator by
{*word*76}shed Software http://www.earthcorp.com/{*word*76}shed/

--
Peter Collis, Inverell Australia
email: cpby...@abeguarg.pbz.nh

Free Internet Use Timer for 95/NT
www.northnet.com.au/~pcollis/peteWARE.html

Re:Making AVI-files

Tore Ottinsen (tor...@hellerud.vgs.no) wrote:

: How can I convert a set of bitmaps to an AVI-file in a Delphi program?
: Is there a component which does this?

  In a search in http://developers.href.com/ I found that the file
anisymbl.zip in DSP has info on creating AVI's... but the max. color
seems to be 256. Anyone can help us creating AVI's with more colors?

--Nelson
[ Nelson Chu Siu Hang ] \______            Year 3 Undergraduate Student in
|Email : eg_cs...@stu.ust.hk    \            Computer Engineering(CPEG) at
|                                \_______          Hong Kong University of
|Hpage : http://home.ust.hk/~eg_cshaa/   )__        Science and Technology
|Hall  : Rm 224, UG Hall 1 - Tel 2358-0489   \____________________________

Re:Making AVI-files

if you find that URL i'd be interested in it as well.

> "Robert Moreland" <bobsfly...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>Mr. Billy Gates has a AVI editor for free. I can dig up the URL for you if
>you need it. This is a really good program, seeing that Microsoft invented
>the AVI format.

>Fernando J.A. Silva (aka ^Magico^) wrote in message
><36a6343c.3261...@news1.telepac.pt>...
>>I made a AVI from a animated GIF.
>>I supposed if you convert your bitmaps to a Animated GIF, using
>>"Animation Shop" that comes on the PSP 5.0 package, you can create  a
>>Animated GIF.
>>The problem could be the convertion of the Anim GIF to AVI, but there
>>is "GIF Movie Gear" that does that job for us.
>>Then you have only to use the AVI as a Animation Component.

>>Good luck,
>>   Fernando J.A. Silva  (aka ^Magico^)

>>Tore Ottinsen <tor...@hellerud.vgs.no> wrote:

>>>How can I convert a set of bitmaps to an AVI-file in a Delphi program?
>>>Is there a component which does this?

--
Peter Collis, Inverell Australia
email: cpby...@abeguarg.pbz.nh
 * ROT13 for email address *

Free Internet Use Timer for 95/NT
www.northnet.com.au/~pcollis/peteWARE.html

Re:Making AVI-files

On Thu, 21 Jan 1999 16:22:35 -0500, "Robert Moreland"

<bobsfly...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>Mr. Billy Gates has a AVI editor for free. I can dig up the URL for you if
>you need it. This is a really good program, seeing that Microsoft invented
>the AVI format.

What is the URL?

Re:Making AVI-files

No promblem,

Since Microsoft's FTP site is down, I will look later, If not I will post
the AVI editor on my website (3 MB) on my website.

I will post it when I find it.

Re:Making AVI-files

ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/developr/drg/Multimedia/Jumpstart/VfW11e/ODK/...
O/
Tore Ottinsen wrote in message <36A60959.B5135...@hellerud.vgs.no>...
>How can I convert a set of bitmaps to an AVI-file in a Delphi program?
>Is there a component which does this?

Other Threads