Fastest method for local Access table?

What would be the fastest TADOTable property settings (CursorLocation,
TableDirect, CursorType, CacheSize, MarshallOptions, etc.)  for accessing a
local MS Access table?  I need to read each record of an Access table for
importing into another file format.

I also need to export to access.  To do this I use a ADOCommand to execute a
"create table" SQL script.  Then, I use a TADOTable to "insert" each record.
Would any of the property settings need to be different during this process
(for performance).

Delphi 5 Pro, ADOExpress, local Access 97 tables (1000 -100,000 records)

Thanks,
John

Re:Fastest method for local Access table?

I have found found that using a *TAdoDataSet* with the following settings is
the fastest way to work with an Access database.

CursorLocation := clUseServer;
CommandType := cmdTableDirect;
(all other properties just leave default)

I would use the same settings to browse, delete, insert, modify.

"John N Cox" <j...@jcent.com.dontspamme> wrote in message

> What would be the fastest TADOTable property settings (CursorLocation,
> TableDirect, CursorType, CacheSize, MarshallOptions, etc.)  for accessing
> local MS Access table?  I need to read each record of an Access table for
> importing into another file format.

> I also need to export to access.  To do this I use a ADOCommand to execute
> "create table" SQL script.  Then, I use a TADOTable to "insert" each
record.
> Would any of the property settings need to be different during this
process
> (for performance).

> Delphi 5 Pro, ADOExpress, local Access 97 tables (1000 -100,000 records)

> Thanks,
> John

Re:Fastest method for local Access table?

TADODataSet does not support INSERT according to the help?
>I have found found that using a *TAdoDataSet* with the following
>settings is the fastest way to work with an Access database.

>CursorLocation := clUseServer;
>CommandType := cmdTableDirect;
>(all other properties just leave default)

>I would use the same settings to browse, delete, insert, modify.

Re:Fastest method for local Access table?

>TADODataSet does not support INSERT according to the help?

Then use a TadoCommand

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com