EDBEngineError: "Blob not opened"

Hi
In the beforepost of a TQuery using cached updates the TFields.OldValue
of a memofield gives an exception. "Blob not opened"
The TFields.NewValue is fine.  Also, TFields.OldValue is fine for other
field types.

Does anyone know why this is happening or have a workaround?
--
Cheers
Glenn Shukster of Gms Computing Inc.  Thornhill, Ont. Canada

Re:EDBEngineError: "Blob not opened"

Did you already set the TQuery Request Live to True ?
just try it...

Regards
Eko Subagio
www.delphi-jedi.org
www.geocities.com/ekosbg

"Glenn Shukster" <g...@home.com> wrote in message

> Hi
> In the beforepost of a TQuery using cached updates the TFields.OldValue
> of a memofield gives an exception. "Blob not opened"
> The TFields.NewValue is fine.  Also, TFields.OldValue is fine for other
> field types.

> Does anyone know why this is happening or have a workaround?
> --
> Cheers
> Glenn Shukster of Gms Computing Inc.  Thornhill, Ont. Canada
> Phone:(905)771-6458   Fax:(905)771-6819   http://members.home.net/gms
> President of TDUG  http://www.tdug.com

Re:EDBEngineError: "Blob not opened"

Hi Eko
I am using cached updates to avoid requestlive = True.
Thus, even if it did work I don't think I would want to try it.
> Did you already set the TQuery Request Live to True ?
> just try it...

> Regards
> Eko Subagio
> www.delphi-jedi.org
> www.geocities.com/ekosbg

> "Glenn Shukster" <g...@home.com> wrote in message
> > Hi
> > In the beforepost of a TQuery using cached updates the TFields.OldValue
> > of a memofield gives an exception. "Blob not opened"
> > The TFields.NewValue is fine.  Also, TFields.OldValue is fine for other
> > field types.

> > Does anyone know why this is happening or have a workaround?
> > --
> > Cheers
> > Glenn Shukster of Gms Computing Inc.  Thornhill, Ont. Canada
> > Phone:(905)771-6458   Fax:(905)771-6819   http://members.home.net/gms
> > President of TDUG  http://www.tdug.com

Other Threads