Oracle 8 CLOB and the BDE

We've been using Delphi for the last few years to develop and extend our
publishing system.

As we look to this year's enhancements, I'm reminded how frustrating BDE's
support of Oracle 8's CLOB datatype is:  using the Database Form wizard to
point to a table with the CLOB type, a user cannot successfully update or
insert a record.

Intersolv's driver has long supported this basic feature:  if I use
Intersolv in the above example, everything's fine, up to 32k where the BDE
cuts out.

Particulalry with 8i (8.1.5) out, does anyone know if the BDE will be
upgraded soon to support the newest data types?  I'm on 8.04 with BDE 5.1
now.

Thanks

Scott

Re:Oracle 8 CLOB and the BDE

Scott:

my experience with BDE support for 8.1.5 is rather bad. Applications
that work
with Oracle versions up to 8.0.5 have severe problems with 8.1.5
(aborted
connections to the server, NT access violations within the SQL-link
...). So
be warned.

I've filed a detailed bug report on the borland.com site about one week
ago
but have nothing heard about it any more.

Michael

Scott Powell schrieb:

> We've been using Delphi for the last few years to develop and extend our
> publishing system.

> As we look to this year's enhancements, I'm reminded how frustrating BDE's
> support of Oracle 8's CLOB datatype is:  using the Database Form wizard to
> point to a table with the CLOB type, a user cannot successfully update or
> insert a record.

> Intersolv's driver has long supported this basic feature:  if I use
> Intersolv in the above example, everything's fine, up to 32k where the BDE
> cuts out.

> Particulalry with 8i (8.1.5) out, does anyone know if the BDE will be
> upgraded soon to support the newest data types?  I'm on 8.04 with BDE 5.1
> now.

> Thanks

> Scott

Other Threads