Translate BDE Errors into other languages than english

how can I translate BDE & SQL Anywhere errors into other languages ?
(italian)
Delphi help says that the error messages are stored into BDE.pas.... Where
is????

Re:Translate BDE Errors into other languages than english

On 3 Jul 1998 10:34:08 GMT, ".." <h...@erew.ewrew> wrote:

>how can I translate BDE & SQL Anywhere errors into other languages ?
>(italian)
>Delphi help says that the error messages are stored into BDE.pas.... Where
>is????

I seem to recall from when I worked with PowerBuilder that Sybase has
localized versions of their database DLL's that you can purchase.
Maybe try contacting them?

For Delphi, I've heard from here and there that it's possible (or was
that only for Delphi and not the BDE?), but it involves re-compiling a
lot of VCL stuff (yeah, you will need the sources) and I never tried
it myself (though I badly want dutch messages!). Try looking at
www.inprise.com/devsupport/bde or the like. I believe there's a topic
discussing this.

Bye,
Bart

On Fri, 03 Jul 1998 15:41:18 GMT, b...@hemmis.be (Bart Loosvelt) wrote:
>On 3 Jul 1998 10:34:08 GMT, ".." <h...@erew.ewrew> wrote:

>>how can I translate BDE & SQL Anywhere errors into other languages ?
>>(italian)
>>Delphi help says that the error messages are stored into BDE.pas.... Where
>>is????

>I seem to recall from when I worked with PowerBuilder that Sybase has
>localized versions of their database DLL's that you can purchase.
>Maybe try contacting them?

>For Delphi, I've heard from here and there that it's possible (or was
>that only for Delphi and not the BDE?), but it involves re-compiling a
>lot of VCL stuff (yeah, you will need the sources) and I never tried
>it myself (though I badly want dutch messages!). Try looking at
>www.inprise.com/devsupport/bde or the like. I believe there's a topic
>discussing this.

There ought to be a language pack, although I've never seen one for D3... I have
the one for Delphi2 which is pretty cool, but didn't dare to try it on D3.
Someone did?

If you feel the courage, use resource workshop or something alike to translate
idr20009.dll... Hundreds and hundreds of lines. ;-)

Best wishes.

Jasper

Other Threads