Producing Delphi source with Rational Rose

Hi
 How can I use Rational Rose to develop application for delphi?
thank you in advance

Re:Producing Delphi source with Rational Rose

Hi Vahid,

IMHO, give up and and purchase ModelMaker! www.modelmaker.demon.nl

--
Regards

Steve

"Steve Forbes" <ste...@nospam.flagship.com.au> a crit dans le message news:
3cedd0a6_1@dnews...

> IMHO, give up and and purchase ModelMaker! www.modelmaker.demon.nl

Amen to that!!

ModelMaker is a two way tool, written in Delphi, that integrates fully with
Delphi and allows you to generate code from UML or reverse engineer code to
UML.

It costs less than RR but is a far superior product.

Joanna

Re:Producing Delphi source with Rational Rose

Look at http://www.boldsoft.com/index.html
Thomas Andersson
"vahid" <pouva...@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:3cedc5ef$1_1@dnews...

> Hi
>  How can I use Rational Rose to develop application for delphi?
> thank you in advance

Re:Producing Delphi source with Rational Rose

"vahid" <pouva...@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:3cedc5ef$1_1@dnews...

> Hi
>  How can I use Rational Rose to develop application for delphi?
> thank you in advance

I think you'll need "RoseDelphiLink". For more details, please see
http://www.ensemble-systems.com/RoseDelphiLink.html

Re:Producing Delphi source with Rational Rose

There are many ways you can use Rose to assist you in delivering better
applications.

The first and obvious thing is that by designing your application first, you
are likely to spot design mistakes very early, before having to fix the code
implementing the same mistakes. This requires no interaction between Rose
and Delphi.

The next step is to use the model information in Rose to generate some kind
of Delphi code. There are some tools available for that, I seem to remember
there is one available on Rationals site, somewhere. (Didn't find it now and
seem to have ost the link). You could also write your own code generator by
extracting information from Rose and emitting Pascal source.

The problem with both above approaches is that the the information contained
in the model is heavily degenerated when it comes to the application. In the
first case it passed through your mental interpretation of the model, in the
second case the structure is left intact, but several things are likely to
be either entirely missing, emitted as comments only or shrouded in massive
amounts of generated code.

Luckily, there is a third approach - Maintaining the entire model as
designed in Rose into the design time environment and also in the run time
of the application. The model contains lots and lots of useful information
that can be used to drive persistence, presentation, derived attributes and
relations and maintain the technical integrity of the object space ("the
place where your business objects live").

Keeping the model active at run time has lots of advantages as you noticed
above. There are many more, less obvious ones, and these may depend on the
particular implementation of such a framework.

I invite you to visit www.boldsoft.com to learn about Bold for Delphi,
shipping with Borland Enterprise Studio for Windows.

Did I mention that Bold for Delphi indeed offers a fully model driven
solution? :)

--Jesper Hogstrom
Manager R&D
Boldsoft

"vahid" <pouva...@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:3cedc5ef$1_1@dnews...

> Hi
>  How can I use Rational Rose to develop application for delphi?
> thank you in advance

Other Threads