Internal Server Error 500

Here is a simple one for you, although it is causing me a bit of a pain.  I
have a CGI executable using a TQuery and a TDatabase.  The TDatabase is
connecting to Interbase, with a SERVER NAME of
'littlegeek:d:/SuppSite/IBDB/Support.gdb' and it connects in the IDE.  The
TQuery can also be set to active in the IDE.  I run with the TDatabase
connected and the TQuery.Active := False.  When I try Query.Open in an
Action event, the browser shows me "HTTP 500 - Internal server error".  Does
anybody have an idea what I am doing wrong?

R/S Aaron Rhodes

Re:Internal Server Error 500

Aaron Rhodes <arho...@openave.com> wrote

> Here is a simple one for you, although it is causing me a bit of a pain.
> have a CGI executable using a TQuery and a TDatabase.  The TDatabase is
> connecting to Interbase, with a SERVER NAME of
> 'littlegeek:d:/SuppSite/IBDB/Support.gdb' and it connects in the IDE.  The
> TQuery can also be set to active in the IDE.  I run with the TDatabase
> connected and the TQuery.Active := False.  When I try Query.Open in an
> Action event, the browser shows me "HTTP 500 - Internal server error".
Does
> anybody have an idea what I am doing wrong?

Aaron,

It probably is a security issue: cgi's run in the context of the Web Server
account.

For IIS this is the system account which has unusual security properties

The IDE is running in a logged on user's account - presumably yours.

HTH,
--
Paul Motyer
SoftStuff

Re:Internal Server Error 500

You got it on the nose Paul,  I was running the Xitami web server as an NT
service and the "Service" account of course didn't have ODBC settings to
use.  It all seems to work pretty well now.

R/S Aaron Rhodes

>> Here is a simple one for you, although it is causing me a bit of a pain.
>> have a CGI executable using a TQuery and a TDatabase.  The TDatabase is
>> connecting to Interbase, with a SERVER NAME of
>> 'littlegeek:d:/SuppSite/IBDB/Support.gdb' and it connects in the IDE.
The
>> TQuery can also be set to active in the IDE.  I run with the TDatabase
>> connected and the TQuery.Active := False.  When I try Query.Open in an
>> Action event, the browser shows me "HTTP 500 - Internal server error".

>It probably is a security issue: cgi's run in the context of the Web Server
>account.

>For IIS this is the system account which has unusual security properties

>The IDE is running in a logged on user's account - presumably yours.

>HTH,
>--
>Paul Motyer
>SoftStuff

Re:Internal Server Error 500

Hi. I'm searching for the solution of my problem and I tried to init my
service as the user account (administrator) that usually use, but don't
work.

  I'm programming a cgi standalone with delphi 5 that try to connect to
interbase through the netscape enterprise web server. When I try to
connect i get the error 500 in my browser, but if i execute the cgi in
a console or in the delphi it works perfect.

  Any idea? I need help.

Thanks. Merce.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.