I fried Delphi

I somehow killed Delphi3 while swapping back and forth between
resolutions.
When I reboot and lauch it , it gets to the splash screen and locks my
whole system.
I'm in WIN95. I can't even control-alt-delete to reboot. I can get in
all of my other applications fine.  I uninstalled and reinstalled
Delphi3 and
I swear it came up once. I went about installing my Turbo Power
components and when
I tried to get in the damn thing , it  {*word*88}d  again. I have no clue
what is going on , but it is not good. The uninstall applications from
the control panel claimed it cleaned out the registry. Anybody have any
ideas before I ask my boss for a new machine.

John Kerns

Re:I fried Delphi

John,

While asking the boss for a new machine is always fun ;o), what you are
experiencing is probably the same graphics card conflict that other people have
been experiencing.  Likely it did start happening when you switched
resolutions.  To test for this, try turning down the video hardware acceleration
all the way to none and try to run Delphi.  If this is the problem, your best
bet would be to try the latest drivers from your video card manufacturer.
Alternately, you may be able to remedy your situation by switching back to the
original resolution and color depth you were using before.

--
------------------------
Richard

Re:I fried Delphi

On Thu, 27 Aug 1998 16:54:58 -0400, John Kerns

<jke...@bankersbank.com> wrote:
>I somehow killed Delphi3 while swapping back and forth between
>resolutions.
>When I reboot and lauch it , it gets to the splash screen and locks my
>whole system.
>I'm in WIN95. I can't even control-alt-delete to reboot. I can get in
>all of my other applications fine.  I uninstalled and reinstalled
>Delphi3 and
>I swear it came up once. I went about installing my Turbo Power
>components and when
>I tried to get in the damn thing , it  {*word*88}d  again. I have no clue
>what is going on , but it is not good. The uninstall applications from
>the control panel claimed it cleaned out the registry. Anybody have any
>ideas before I ask my boss for a new machine.

>John Kerns

We had the same thing happen on several different machines here.
Ultimately the only thing that worked was to set the resolution back
to exactly what it was before we changed it and killed Delphi.  I
spent some bucks with Delphi support and after they ran up the minutes
the only solution they offered was to get a "compatible" driver for my
video card.  Strangely we only have a problem with the Delphi IDE, no
other applications.

Dennis Powers
PC/POLL SYSTEMS
V 319-556-2323
F 319-556-0835
Den...@pcpoll.com

Re:I fried Delphi

D3 did not really like 1024x768 mode in 16 bit color on many S3 video card.
Try getting the latest driver, starting D3 with the -ns switch and getting off
that mode if you are on it.

Jeff Overcash

In article <35E5C7A1.F1971...@bankersbank.com>, John Kerns

<jke...@bankersbank.com> wrote:
>I somehow killed Delphi3 while swapping back and forth between
>resolutions.
>When I reboot and lauch it , it gets to the splash screen and locks my
>whole system.
>I'm in WIN95. I can't even control-alt-delete to reboot. I can get in
>all of my other applications fine.  I uninstalled and reinstalled
>Delphi3 and
>I swear it came up once. I went about installing my Turbo Power
>components and when
>I tried to get in the damn thing , it  {*word*88}d  again. I have no clue
>what is going on , but it is not good. The uninstall applications from
>the control panel claimed it cleaned out the registry. Anybody have any
>ideas before I ask my boss for a new machine.

>John Kerns

Other Threads