Main application icon - I'm having difficulties...

Hello,

The following is the first line of code for my DPR (project) file:

Application.Icon.LoadFromFile('C:\SOURCE\MASTER\ICON1.ICO');

This works fine with one "exception" which we will break on now... :)

I still get the delphi icon for a couple of seconds before that line of code is
executed.  I have even set the icon property for my main form to no avail.
There must be a place in delphi to change the default icon.

Thank you for your reply,

                          Chris <csu...@acxiom.com>

Re:Main application icon - I'm having difficulties...

Select Project... Options... from the delphi menu, there you find where
you can set the default project icon...

Chris wrote:

> Hello,

> The following is the first line of code for my DPR (project) file:

> Application.Icon.LoadFromFile('C:\SOURCE\MASTER\ICON1.ICO');

> This works fine with one "exception" which we will break on now... :)

> I still get the delphi icon for a couple of seconds before that line of code is
> executed.  I have even set the icon property for my main form to no avail.
> There must be a place in delphi to change the default icon.

> Thank you for your reply,

>                           Chris <csu...@acxiom.com>

By using -.LoadFromFile, you will have to distribute this icon with your
executable. You can use (in D2) Project/Options and on the
Application-tab you can load your icon. So your icon is part of your
executable.

Erwin Meekers.

In article l...@ren.cei.net, csu...@acxiom.com (Chris) writes:

>The following is the first line of code for my DPR (project) file:

>Application.Icon.LoadFromFile('C:\SOURCE\MASTER\ICON1.ICO');

>This works fine with one "exception" which we will break on now... :)

>I still get the delphi icon for a couple of seconds before that line of code is
>executed.  I have even set the icon property for my main form to no avail.
>There must be a place in delphi to change the default icon.

Hi Chris,

Have you tried Options | Project | Application | Load Icon from the Delphi IDE ?

HTH

Ray Cramer
R...@Pol.ac.uk

Re:Main application icon - I'm having difficulties...

In article <4s35f6$...@kwuz.nerc-keyworth.ac.uk>, r...@unixa.nerc-keyworth.ac.uk
says...

.>In article l...@ren.cei.net, csu...@acxiom.com (Chris) writes:
.>>The following is the first line of code for my DPR (project) file:
.>>
.>>Application.Icon.LoadFromFile('C:\SOURCE\MASTER\ICON1.ICO');
.>>
.>>This works fine with one "exception" which we will break on now... :)
.>>
.>>I still get the delphi icon for a couple of seconds before that line of code
.is
.>>executed.  I have even set the icon property for my main form to no avail.
.>>There must be a place in delphi to change the default icon.
.>
.>Hi Chris,
.>
.>Have you tried Options | Project | Application | Load Icon from the Delphi
.IDE ?
.>
.>HTH
.>