To sum a TDBGrid Colum programmaticaly while editing in a TDBGrid

Is there a way to calculate the sum of a numeric column for a TDBGrid while
editing this DBGrid ? I want that if the user change the values of one row
of this column, the the values of the total sum of this column changes also

I use Delphi 5 and SQL Server 7

Thank you

Re:To sum a TDBGrid Colum programmaticaly while editing in a TDBGrid

Fonkou,

   Check out TClientDataSet's Aggregate fields.

Good luck,
krf

"FONKOU Barthlmy" <sce....@camnet.cm> wrote in message

> Is there a way to calculate the sum of a numeric column for a TDBGrid
while
> editing this DBGrid ? I want that if the user change the values of one row
> of this column, the the values of the total sum of this column changes
also

> I use Delphi 5 and SQL Server 7

> Thank you

Re:To sum a TDBGrid Colum programmaticaly while editing in a TDBGrid

"FONKOU Barthlmy" <sce....@camnet.cm> wrote in message

> Is there a way to calculate the sum of a numeric column for a TDBGrid
while
> editing this DBGrid ? I want that if the user change the values of one row
> of this column, the the values of the total sum of this column changes
also

> I use Delphi 5 and SQL Server 7

If you try infopower components their TwwDBGrid will allow a footer column
and an asociated calculation event.

FK

Re:To sum a TDBGrid Colum programmaticaly while editing in a TDBGrid

Thanks Kevin

"Kevin Frevert" <kfrevert@workdrinkingcoffeedotcom> a crit dans le message
de news: 3dc7c2d__BEGIN_MASK_n#9g02mG7!__...__END_MASK_i?a63jfAD$z__@newsgroups.borland.com...

> Fonkou,

>    Check out TClientDataSet's Aggregate fields.

> Good luck,
> krf

> "FONKOU Barthlmy" <sce....@camnet.cm> wrote in message
> > Is there a way to calculate the sum of a numeric column for a TDBGrid
> while
> > editing this DBGrid ? I want that if the user change the values of one
row
> > of this column, the the values of the total sum of this column changes
> also

> > I use Delphi 5 and SQL Server 7

> > Thank you

Other Threads