tempdb and ADO problem (ms sql 6.5)

Hi,
I changed one of my applications from BDE to ADO.
I use MS SQL 6.5.
The problem is now the tempdb is getting full after one day, and I have to
expand tempdb daily,
what I'm doing wrong? Three days ago the tempdb been only 75MB today is
500MB and is full again.
I didn't have this problem when I used BDE.

HELP

-ioan

Re:tempdb and ADO problem (ms sql 6.5)

Hi Ioan!

On Mon, 26 Feb 2001 09:33:47 -0800, "Ioan Ghip"

<delphi12...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>I changed one of my applications from BDE to ADO.
>I use MS SQL 6.5.
>The problem is now the tempdb is getting full after one day, and I have to
>expand tempdb daily,
>what I'm doing wrong? Three days ago the tempdb been only 75MB today is
>500MB and is full again.
>I didn't have this problem when I used BDE.

Have you tried to truncate transaction log?
You have to see what is increasing there, it should be transaction
log. If this is the case you should check the option "Truncate Log on
Checkpoint" in database/edit dialog on tab sheet "Options".

tomi.

Other Threads