Problem with Text fields in SQL 6.5

I am using SQL 6.5 table which has a Text field. Whenever I try to open this
table in Delphi 5 I get a General SQL Error. However this does not happen in
case the Text field has no Data in any of the records.

Can somebody please help me out on this issue urgently.

Thank You
Jiji

Re:Problem with Text fields in SQL 6.5

How are you opening the table?

If you're using a TTable, try using a TQuery instead.

=Bill=

Re:Problem with Text fields in SQL 6.5

Hello!
Service Pack 4 for MS SQL 6.5 resolves this problem. That is a bug of MS SQL
6.5.

Regards, Lusha.

Jatin N. Bhoir <jati...@hotmail.com> D???
???Y??:8r3t15$c...@bornews.borland.com...

> I am using SQL 6.5 table which has a Text field. Whenever I try to open
this
> table in Delphi 5 I get a General SQL Error. However this does not happen
in
> case the Text field has no Data in any of the records.

> Can somebody please help me out on this issue urgently.

> Thank You
> Jiji

Other Threads