PrivateDir error "Directory is busy"

Hello to anyone,
   the error in object is raised when I try to assing the
Database1.session.privatedir property.
but it is raised in a particulare case:
- I run my app from delphi ide, I stop it using Ctrl-F2 (program reset);
- I re-execute my app from delphi ide and the exception is raised on the
line of the assignment.

If i execute my appl out of delphi ide (delphi is closed) and I  interrupt
my appl form windows (ctrl-alt-canc) the execption is not raised.

That means the problem is raised only when I execute and reset the app from
delphi. Maybe something is not deallocated and  I have to close delphi
before to re-execute.

I am wondering if stopping a program with ctrl-alt-canc causes the same
effects of  Ctrl-F2 in delphi, and can be sure that the proplem verifies
only becouse delphi is opened.

Any suggestion?

Thanks
Marco Cotroneo

Re:PrivateDir error "Directory is busy"

> I am wondering if stopping a program with ctrl-alt-canc causes the same
> effects of  Ctrl-F2 in delphi, and can be sure that the proplem verifies
> only becouse delphi is opened.

The effect is exactly the same. The only difference is whether You have
any other application using BDE running or not (Delphi is an application
that uses BDE).

So, if You have Your application and Database Desktop running, You kill
Your application and try to rerun it, You will get the directory locked
error.

Gert

Re:PrivateDir error "Directory is busy"

ok thank you
"Gert Kello" <g...@gaiasoft.ee> ha scritto nel messaggio
> > I am wondering if stopping a program with ctrl-alt-canc causes the same
> > effects of  Ctrl-F2 in delphi, and can be sure that the proplem verifies
> > only becouse delphi is opened.

> The effect is exactly the same. The only difference is whether You have
> any other application using BDE running or not (Delphi is an application
> that uses BDE).

> So, if You have Your application and Database Desktop running, You kill
> Your application and try to rerun it, You will get the directory locked
> error.

> Gert

Other Threads