Problems Migrating From Win 98 to Win NT

I have an application that works with an Informix Database in a UNIX
server.
This application was made in order to run under Win95/98. We need to run
it under WinNT.
The problem came when we tried to run it in NT.

The firsth thing the app does is to connect it self to the database, so,
the program shows the default Delphi's Login window,
after the user gives click to the Accept button (and ofcourse after
enters his login and password) the sistem  displays the next
message:
   The dynamic library can't be found ISQLT07C.dll in the especify path.

After this the app terminates.

I  try to fix this error by using the next sentece at the beginning of
my app code:
Win32Platform := VER_PLATFORM_WIN32_NT;
and it didnt run either.

What do I have to do to fix it?
Some body can help me.

Thanks.
--
Lia. Luis Heriberto Preciado Delgado

Re:Problems Migrating From Win 98 to Win NT

Hi Luis

It look to me that the file "ISQLT07C.dll " could not be found in the search
path, try locating the file, maybe you forgot it somewhere on the win9x.

Else try placing it in the same directory as your application, it does not
look as a problem with your NT migration.

Henrik

Re:Problems Migrating From Win 98 to Win NT

Hi Henrik

Since the begining i was using installshield express to install my app,  I
especified also to install the BDE with its corresponding
parameters set. Before installing the app, we did install the Informix Client,
and tested to connection with the database server
and it worked ok.
I modified the installation program by adding the files that were causing the
initial problem, I specified also to the InstallShield
that those files was going to be installed in WinNT. The error message isnt
showing anymore, but now it shows this other
message:

"The procedure entry point InfxRegSQLHostsEx2 could not be located in the
dynamic link library iregt07b.dll"

The problem here is that the file iregt07b.dll exists in the right path.
What do I need to do? Is there anything else that I must consider?

Regards,

--

"Luis Heriberto Preciado Delgado" <lprec...@gobierno.jalisco.gob.mx> skrev i
en meddelelse news:3a3a3c6f$1_2@dnews...

> The problem came when we tried to run it in NT.
>    The dynamic library can't be found ISQLT07C.dll in the especify path.

Do you specifying the full name of the dll, with the extension?
In NT you have to write 'ISQLT07C.dll' when loading a dll. Win9x is less
strict.

Finn Tolderlund

Re:Problems Migrating From Win 98 to Win NT

We don't have to type the dll's name, we just have to choose it while
creating
the app installation program with installshield express.

Any other idea.

Her is the answer to Henrik, who helped us also:

--

en meddelelse news:3A3FA8C0.FC484C@gobierno.jalisco.gob.mx...

> We don't have to type the dll's name, we just have to choose it while
> creating
> the app installation program with installshield express.

You are completely missing the point.
The fact that the program needs this dll means that somewhere in your app
the dll gets called.
You have to find the code that calls the dll and check that it is called
correctly.

Finn Tolderlund

Re:Problems Migrating From Win 98 to Win NT

No, I'm totally sure I'm not calling that dll.
The bde calls it when the app tries to connect to the database.

--
Lia. Luis Heriberto Preciado Delgado

Re:Problems Migrating From Win 98 to Win NT

Hmmm, could you be missing another file which your 1.st dll calls? it could
be depending on another dll depending on the OS, if you know what I mean?

Henrik

Other Threads