Delphi 3 SYBASE Native Driver

    Hi,
    I've got D3 and Sybase SQL Anywhere 5.5 running on a Netware server. I
have been able to configure the ODBC driver that comes with Anywhere but I
cannot configure the native driver for Delphi. When I try to connect to
SYBASE with the native driver I get a 'vendor initialization failed'
message.
Is the SYBASE native driver that comes with D3 able to work with Sybase SQL
Anywhere? Where can I find information about this?

    Thank you

Re:Delphi 3 SYBASE Native Driver

On Fri, 15 Jan 1999 13:51:27 +0100, "Emilio Jos Garca Espert"

<c...@labradio.com> wrote:
>    Hi,
>    I've got D3 and Sybase SQL Anywhere 5.5 running on a Netware server. I
>have been able to configure the ODBC driver that comes with Anywhere but I
>cannot configure the native driver for Delphi. When I try to connect to
>SYBASE with the native driver I get a 'vendor initialization failed'
>message.
>Is the SYBASE native driver that comes with D3 able to work with Sybase SQL
>Anywhere? Where can I find information about this?

>    Thank you

Use the SQL Anywhere Driver, It should be on your SQL Anywhere
installation disks. You can also download them from the Sybase
website.
I think you are confusing the main Sybase 10/11 server engine with the
PC only SQL Anywhere

Georg

www.georgcantor.freeserve.co.uk

Nothing there yet!!

Re:Delphi 3 SYBASE Native Driver

> I think you are confusing the main Sybase 10/11 server engine with the
> PC only SQL Anywhere

he may be confused in the way you say, but just to clarify one point: Sybase
SQL Anywhere (now Adaptive Server Anywhere) is also available on Unix.