Running TP 7.0 in Windows 98

I've just bought a new PC running Windows 98.
Having installed Turbo Pascal 7.0 I find that the editor/compiler runs fine
but when I try and run any of my programs I get a 'Division by Zero Error'.

Is there any way I can fix this problem, or is this version totally
incompatible with Win 98!

Please help, I'd hate never to be able to run any of my old programs again.

Marc

Re:Running TP 7.0 in Windows 98

"Marc Bennett" <em...@marcandlaure.fsnet.co.uk> schreef in bericht
> I've just bought a new PC running Windows 98.
> Having installed Turbo Pascal 7.0 I find that the editor/compiler
runs fine
> but when I try and run any of my programs I get a 'Division by Zero
Error'.

> Is there any way I can fix this problem, or is this version totally
> incompatible with Win 98!

> Please help, I'd hate never to be able to run any of my old programs
again.

> Marc

Marc,
Before posting any questions you should look around in the newsgroup.
This is a Very Frequently Asked Question.
It's called the RTE200 error and is due to the CRT unit causing an
overflow on fast machines.
You can download a patch for it at Franz Gl?zer's pages
http://bsn.ch/tp-links
and look for RTE200

Another good source for information is Prof. Timo Salmi's list of
FAQs:
ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/link/tsfaqp.zip
or Pedt Scragg's FAQ list:
http://homepages.force9.net/pascal/faq/clpb-faq.txt

Hope this helped a Bit,
Marcel
--
Please remove the *.NoSpam* entry from my eMail address when replying.
It's meant to keep Spam and Advertising out, not friends.

Other Threads