BDE 4.51 - Worth upgrading?

Is it worth upgrading my BDE (the one w/ Delphi 3.01) to version 4.51?

I read there are a few changes, specially when it comes to deploying it, it
that right ?

Thanks in advance.

Alex Abreu

Re:BDE 4.51 - Worth upgrading?

>Is it worth upgrading my BDE (the one w/ Delphi 3.01) to version 4.51?

If your application works fine, and you don't need new features, than there
is no real need for upgrading.

Re:BDE 4.51 - Worth upgrading?

If you're using ACCESS 8 it may be worthwhile, especially if you're clients
are using it and not ACCESS 7!

Alex Abreu wrote in message <69ra8l$g4...@forums.borland.com>...

>Is it worth upgrading my BDE (the one w/ Delphi 3.01) to version 4.51?

>I read there are a few changes, specially when it comes to deploying it, it
>that right ?

>Thanks in advance.

>Alex Abreu

Re:BDE 4.51 - Worth upgrading?

It would gain you no benifit, if all is fine now.

If anything it is a headache because now all of us who have it are waitng
for Installshield to get with it.  I have checked thier web-site daily and
they do not yet have a patch.  Maybe in the future Borland could work
together with other company's so thier Users do't have so much down time.

Alex Abreu wrote in message <69ra8l$g4...@forums.borland.com>...

>Is it worth upgrading my BDE (the one w/ Delphi 3.01) to version 4.51?

>I read there are a few changes, specially when it comes to deploying it, it
>that right ?

>Thanks in advance.

>Alex Abreu

Re:BDE 4.51 - Worth upgrading?

Alex Abreu

> specially when it comes to deploying it

Could you clarify what you'd heard on this topic?  Anything related to
size of deliverable BDE installation, perhaps? (hope<g>)

Derek Davidson
Get a FREE copy of DK's Audit Components for Delphi from my web site:
http://freespace.{*word*269}.net/d.davidson
Now Includes INFOPOWER Derived components and a demo

(Remove the x to EMail me : der...@mksoft.com)

Other Threads