What is the different between Delphi3 client/server and Delphi3 Professional?

IF previously I use Delphi3 client/server suite to develop my program,
can I open my program in Delphi3 Professional version?
Can any one let me know what is the price of Delphi3 Professional.
Also other prices of Delphi3 version. Because I still learning by using
Delphi3.
Thank you.

Re:What is the different between Delphi3 client/server and Delphi3 Professional?

The best is to get comparison grid from Inprise... cause differences are
sometimes "vicious"  and a bit "commercial"...
But the main difference that makes the price is that CS version is supplied
with SQL Links you can deploy royalty free. Allowing you to develop CS
application at no extra charge (but the database server - usually paid by
the customer !). That worth the price.
Other differences (such as the Decision cube I think) are, in my opinion too
"commercial" and a bit petty... but they exist, so get and read full
information about them.

--
Olivier Dahan
oda...@{*word*104}cable.fr

> IF previously I use Delphi3 client/server suite to develop my program,
> can I open my program in Delphi3 Professional version?
> Can any one let me know what is the price of Delphi3 Professional.
> Also other prices of Delphi3 version. Because I still learning by using
> Delphi3.
> Thank you.

Re:What is the different between Delphi3 client/server and Delphi3 Professional?

The client/server version includes some components that are not included in
the professional version. If you have used any of these components in your
application you will get an error under the profession version. Other than
that it should work.

Prices vary from place to place and store to store.

Bill

--

Bill Todd - TeamB

Re:What is the different between Delphi3 client/server and Delphi3 Professional?

Olivier <oda...@{*word*104}cable.fr> a crit dans le message :
7h4s91$j...@forums.borland.com...

> The best is to get comparison grid from Inprise... cause differences are
> sometimes "vicious"  and a bit "commercial"...
> But the main difference that makes the price is that CS version is
supplied
> with SQL Links you can deploy royalty free. Allowing you to develop CS
> application at no extra charge (but the database server - usually paid by
> the customer !). That worth the price.
> Other differences (such as the Decision cube I think) are, in my opinion
too
> "commercial" and a bit petty... but they exist, so get and read full
> information about them.

> --

I don't agree. MIDAS, MTS Object, Corba Object, Services for WinNT: it makes
a big difference, no?

Other Threads