Paradox DB on CD ROM

Anyone ever tried to copy a Paradox database to a CD ROM ?

If so, what are the problems you have encountered (if any)
and (of course) the solutions you had.

The database I have, is 60 MB and has 8 indexes

B.DeRid...@ping.be

Re:Paradox DB on CD ROM

Hello Roeland,
        You MUST make sure that you copy the paradox locking files to the CD as
well - otherwise you will not be able to access them.  The file is
PDOXUSRS.LCK.  See the TI3104 - Accessing Paradox Tables on CD or Read-Only
drive - on Borlands Web page - Delphi area for Tech info.

Hope this helps

Bradley MacDonald

Roeland Van de Mosselaer <mac00...@glo.be> wrote in article
<19970226120909724...@p1-21.z03.glo.be>...

> Anyone ever tried to copy a Paradox database to a CD ROM ?

> If so, what are the problems you have encountered (if any)
> and (of course) the solutions you had.

> The database I have, is 60 MB and has 8 indexes

> B.DeRid...@ping.be

Re:Paradox DB on CD ROM

mac00...@glo.be (Roeland Van de Mosselaer) wrote:

>Anyone ever tried to copy a Paradox database to a CD ROM ?
>If so, what are the problems you have encountered (if any)
>and (of course) the solutions you had.

To access it, Paradox will need to create the .NET and .LCK files in the
work directory, and won't be able to create them on CD-ROM, which is
read-only.

-------------------------
   Frederic G. MARAND
  Agorus SA / OSI SARL
      f...@soon.com
-------------------------

Re:Paradox DB on CD ROM

Roeland Van de Mosselaer wrote:

> Anyone ever tried to copy a Paradox database to a CD ROM ?

> If so, what are the problems you have encountered (if any)
> and (of course) the solutions you had.

> The database I have, is 60 MB and has 8 indexes

> B.DeRid...@ping.be

The immediate problem that comes to mind is that BDE needs to write Lock
files into the database directory.  Test your app out first using a
write protected floppy and a subset of your database.

Software Services - Making Windows Scream
http://www.invsn.com/softserv/
bry...@thevision.net