HELP!! FINDING CD-ROM DRIVE!!

Please Help!!

Is there any way in which I can check whether a drive is a cd-rom or not?

I've tried using the API call GetDriveType, but it can't tell the difference
between a cd-rom and a network drive. Is there any other way to tell?

This is really urgent so please help.

I don't get on news very often so please email to cic...@c031.aone.net.au

Thanks in advance...

   Cicero

Re:HELP!! FINDING CD-ROM DRIVE!!

On 30 Sep 1996 01:08:59 GMT, cic...@c031.aone.net.au (Cicero) wrote:

>Please Help!!

>Is there any way in which I can check whether a drive is a cd-rom or not?

>I've tried using the API call GetDriveType, but it can't tell the difference
>between a cd-rom and a network drive. Is there any other way to tell?

>This is really urgent so please help.

>I don't get on news very often so please email to cic...@c031.aone.net.au

I have not yet done this myself, but there is a knowledgebase article
on http://www.microsoft.com/kb
Just search for a set of words desciribing your problem and I believe
a sample procedure will show up (I hope what I remember is Win32 and
not Win16).

Hope this helps
Meikel Weber
m.we...@public.ndh.com
Make sure you visit my homepage
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/Homepages/meikel/mew.htm

Re:HELP!! FINDING CD-ROM DRIVE!!

Cicero wrote:

> Please Help!!

> Is there any way in which I can check whether a drive is a cd-rom or not?

> I've tried using the API call GetDriveType, but it can't tell the difference
> between a cd-rom and a network drive. Is there any other way to tell?

> This is really urgent so please help.

> I don't get on news very often so please email to cic...@c031.aone.net.au

> Thanks in advance...

>    Cicero

I guess you must be using the API GetDriveType incorrectly as I use it
and it works fine. It finds Lan, CDRom, Floppy or standard drives?

Let me know if you need some sample source.

Cheers,
        Paul.

Other Threads