If you need help programing pascal...

Hi...If you have a problem and cant find an answer check the following
site and if there is not an answer to you problem ask for it!

http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Battlefield/2137

Please No delphi questions

Re:If you need help programing pascal...

On Sat, 11 Oct 1997 13:36:01 +0200, Theodore Roumeliotis <unive...@hol.gr>
wrote:

->Hi...If you have a problem and cant find an answer check the following
->site and if there is not an answer to you problem ask for it!
->
->http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Battlefield/2137
->
->Please No delphi questions

Nice Midi files, some good backgrounds, but very little information. Actually,
no information at all. Why do you send people to such an empty shell?

Peter de Jong
wpdej...@worldonline.nl

Theodore Roumeliotis wrote:
> Hi...If you have a problem and cant find an answer check the following
> site and if there is not an answer to you problem ask for it!

> http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Battlefield/2137

> Please No delphi questions

I'm sure your intentions may be good, but:

1.)  Don't you think you might have tried putting in a little more
effort to the page before announcing it?  Plenty of other Pascal-related
pages exist elsewhere, and it wouldn't take much effort to turn up a
nice long list of other useful sites.  As it is, it's sorely lacking in
content.
2.)  Isn't programming Q&A what c.l.p.b is about?  Sending questions to
one person for a response provides a severely limited channel for
assistance, and one that may not always be the best solution.  What are
you going to do when somebody asks you a question you can't answer?
Suggest they post here?  Or post here with their question, then echo it
back on your site?

What's wrong with just sticking to c.l.p.b?  If you'd like to make a
contribution, IMHO possibly the best way to go is to provide a page with
*fresh* resources, possibly useful or interesting code you've written,
which you might want to share with the rest of the world.

set...@ix.netcom.com | scheduled chaos and mayhem. . . .  |

Scott Earnest wrote:

> Theodore Roumeliotis wrote:

> > Hi...If you have a problem and cant find an answer check the following
> > site and if there is not an answer to you problem ask for it!

> > http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Battlefield/2137

> > Please No delphi questions

> I'm sure your intentions may be good, but:

> 1.)  Don't you think you might have tried putting in a little more
> effort to the page before announcing it?  Plenty of other Pascal-related
> pages exist elsewhere, and it wouldn't take much effort to turn up a
> nice long list of other useful sites.  As it is, it's sorely lacking in
> content.
> 2.)  Isn't programming Q&A what c.l.p.b is about?  Sending questions to
> one person for a response provides a severely limited channel for
> assistance, and one that may not always be the best solution.  What are
> you going to do when somebody asks you a question you can't answer?
> Suggest they post here?  Or post here with their question, then echo it
> back on your site?

> What's wrong with just sticking to c.l.p.b?

I dont think there is something wrong with c.l.p.b.
But I couldn't help notice that the same questions arise over and over
again.
So I thought that it would be nice if there was a place where these
answers were put in a place accessible for every one in a few seconds
instead of waiting-sometimes days-for an answer that has already been
given 100 times in this newsgroup.
I didnt mean to replace the c.l.p.b with my page!!
I am just trying to make it a reference page including questions that
have already been answered here,the swag,other programmers and can
become available to every one.
This takes from this site the burden of answering the same questions to
newcomers and let it concentrate on more difficult and creative matters.
 I do not know everything,I may know less than any of you,I am trying to
organise material and help people if I can.

I mean no offence to anyone.

                        Best regards,
                                Theodore.

P.S.I have moved.My address now is
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValey/bay/2354
because the topic of my page was best fitted there.

Re:If you need help programing pascal...

> P.S.I have moved.My address now is
> http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValey/bay/2354
> because the topic of my page was best fitted there.

The address is http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/bay/2354

Other Threads