Frame by frame mpg ripping

I have a question..

Is it possible to use mediaplayer to view mpg files, and then save out
frame-by-frame to disk?
I want to experiment with pixel compression, but i need some movies in frame
by frame format.
Got a copy of matrix :)

Hope anyone know of a component or some example source for doing this.
Any help is welcome!

Jon Lennart Berg, Norway

Re:Frame by frame mpg ripping

Jon Lennart Berg wrote:

> Is it possible to use mediaplayer to view mpg files, and then save out
> frame-by-frame to disk?
> I want to experiment with pixel compression, but i need some movies in frame
> by frame format.
> Got a copy of matrix :)

Yes there are code / componets that can capture the bitmap images of the
frame by frame display of mediaplayer output.

I think Earls site on file conversion has info on this, so try:
http://www.efg2.com/Lab/Library/Delphi/Graphics/FileFormatsAndConvers...

(Watch the word wrap).

--
Charles Hacker