Creating an Interbase Database from a Delphi program

Hi folks,

Is this possible??? How can I create an Interbase database using a Delphi
program???

I am asking You this because I need to build a program which should be able
to create a new database each month. Using IBX components, I just can
connect to an existing database, but not create one and then connect.

Thanks...

Giovani Marinho
Vis Informtica

Re:Creating an Interbase Database from a Delphi program

Giovani Marinho wrote:

> I am asking You this because I need to build a program which should be able
> to create a new database each month. Using IBX components, I just can
> connect to an existing database, but not create one and then connect.

        To create a new DB with IBX, just call TIBDatabase.CreateDatabase.
Instructions are in online Help.  Note that the parameter names are
different than when you connect.

        HTH,

        -Craig

--
Craig Stuntz               Vertex Systems Corporation
Senior Developer           http://www.vertexsoftware.com

Re:Creating an Interbase Database from a Delphi program

use SQL
create database...
create table...

--
Chuzha V.F. aka Nomad

"Giovani Marinho" <giovan...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Hi folks,

> Is this possible??? How can I create an Interbase database using a Delphi
> program???

> I am asking You this because I need to build a program which should be
able
> to create a new database each month. Using IBX components, I just can
> connect to an existing database, but not create one and then connect.

> Thanks...

> Giovani Marinho
> Vis Informtica

Other Threads