Getting additional Alias info about an Oracle 7.3 database

Hello All,

How can you get all of the information about a BDE alias that's pointing to
an Oracle 7.3 database?  I know that the "driver" information is stored in
the Registry, but it appears that the actual alias info is stored in the
IDAPI32.cfg.  Specifically, if my application (via TDatabase) cannot connect
to Oracle, I want to be able to log a bunch of information to a file so that
the client can send it to me (and I don't have to spend a bunch of time on
the phone).  It would be very helpful, if I could get the "SERVER NAME"
information from the BDE.

NOTE: if you do a dbiGetDatabaseDesc for an Oracle database, szPhyName is
empty.

Hope someone can help.

Best Regards,

David Saracini

Re:Getting additional Alias info about an Oracle 7.3 database

David,

Have a look at TSession.GetAliasParams

Neil

"David Saracini" <sarac...@mtrack.com> wrote in message

> Hello All,

> How can you get all of the information about a BDE alias that's pointing
> an Oracle 7.3 database?  I know that the "driver" information is stored in
> the Registry, but it appears that the actual alias info is stored in the
> IDAPI32.cfg.  Specifically, if my application (via TDatabase) cannot
connect
> to Oracle, I want to be able to log a bunch of information to a file so
that
> the client can send it to me (and I don't have to spend a bunch of time on
> the phone).  It would be very helpful, if I could get the "SERVER NAME"
> information from the BDE.

> NOTE: if you do a dbiGetDatabaseDesc for an Oracle database, szPhyName is
> empty.

> Hope someone can help.

> Best Regards,

> David Saracini