BDE with Oracle 7 and Oracle 8

When installing D4 C/S you get the option to install drivers for either
Oracle 7 or Oracle 8, why is this, why can't you install both?

Cary.

Re:BDE with Oracle 7 and Oracle 8

It should install both drivers but ask you which one you would like as a
default.

-Adam
Delphi Developer Support

Cary Moore wrote:
> When installing D4 C/S you get the option to install drivers for either
> Oracle 7 or Oracle 8, why is this, why can't you install both?

> Cary.

Re:BDE with Oracle 7 and Oracle 8

Adam,

Yes your right, many thanks, I didn't actually check the BDE Administrator.

Given the BDE method of configuration, am I right in assuming you cannot
connect to an Oracle 7 and Oracle 8 databases simultaneously?

Cary.

Adam Markowitz wrote in message <35A9D6CB.64A6B...@corp.inprise.com>...
>It should install both drivers but ask you which one you would like as a
>default.

>-Adam
>Delphi Developer Support

Re:BDE with Oracle 7 and Oracle 8

No, you cannot :(

Re:BDE with Oracle 7 and Oracle 8

Both drivers are actually installed. To change the default, goto BDE
Administrator and change the Dll32 settings.

PS
What is OCI.DLL??? (I'm having problems trying to connect to Oracle 8.0.3).

Dan Marinescu

Other Threads