Seagate Crystal Reports 6.0 and MS SQL Server 7.0

I have recently been involved with converting a fairly large client/server
application written in Delphi 2 to Delphi 4, and MS SQL Server 6.5 to MS SQL
Server 7.0. For our reports we use Crystal 6.0. These reports work correctly
against the SQL Server 6.5 version of the database, but when i try and run
the reports against the SQL Server 7.0 I get this message:

'ODBC error: [Microsoft] [ODBC SQL Server Driver] Invalid date format'

Has anyone come across this problem or heard of it? Can anyone confirm that
Crystal Reports 6.0 and MS SQL Server 7.0 are compatible?

Many thanks

Leigh Tilley
ICOS
London

Re:Seagate Crystal Reports 6.0 and MS SQL Server 7.0

Any reason why you are using the ODBC driver instead of the MSSQL native
BDE driver?

Crystal Reports and the BDE will both use SQL links..

Rkr

Leigh wrote:

> I have recently been involved with converting a fairly large client/server
> application written in Delphi 2 to Delphi 4, and MS SQL Server 6.5 to MS SQL
> Server 7.0. For our reports we use Crystal 6.0. These reports work correctly
> against the SQL Server 6.5 version of the database, but when i try and run
> the reports against the SQL Server 7.0 I get this message:

> 'ODBC error: [Microsoft] [ODBC SQL Server Driver] Invalid date format'

> Has anyone come across this problem or heard of it? Can anyone confirm that
> Crystal Reports 6.0 and MS SQL Server 7.0 are compatible?

> Many thanks

> Leigh Tilley
> ICOS
> London

Re:Seagate Crystal Reports 6.0 and MS SQL Server 7.0

Why not upgrade to Crystal 7? The upgrade only cost $149 or so.

I recently upgraded to Crystal 7 and have no trouble connecting to SQL
Server 7.

Leigh wrote:

> I have recently been involved with converting a fairly large client/server
> application written in Delphi 2 to Delphi 4, and MS SQL Server 6.5 to MS SQL
> Server 7.0. For our reports we use Crystal 6.0. These reports work correctly
> against the SQL Server 6.5 version of the database, but when i try and run
> the reports against the SQL Server 7.0 I get this message:

> 'ODBC error: [Microsoft] [ODBC SQL Server Driver] Invalid date format'

> Has anyone come across this problem or heard of it? Can anyone confirm that
> Crystal Reports 6.0 and MS SQL Server 7.0 are compatible?

Are you able to run the same report using Crystal Reports Designer?
There are some properties which define how CR treats dates (stored
within the report-file).

Is the new database using the same language settings as the old one?
Have you compared the old and the  new db with any tool?

There is also a new version of CR available which might help.

--
Henri Suuronen

Re:Seagate Crystal Reports 6.0 and MS SQL Server 7.0

I can tell you that the original version of the CR6 VCL has a lot of
problems.  It's not so good with subreports and it was known to have a
memory leak.  If you want to know if you version is one of those, then
try getting the new VCL from their website
<http://www.seagatesoftware.com> , and if you can just plug it in and it
works fine, then you had the newer version.  The other response is
absolutely right though, if you can't get it to work in the designer
then you might need to upgrade CR.  Last summer they had a free e-mail
support system and a pay phone support program.  For a question about db
support though, you could always call their sales department, who should
have documents listing new features with new versions, although the tech
people could tell you if there's a work around (much more useful to
know).  Also we used direct connections instead of ODBC, as the ODBC
seemed a little screwy and it works ok with our app.

Bill Coate
Litton-TASC

Other Threads