Returning a sequence number from an Oracle stored procedure

Can anyone give an example of how to return a sequence number from an
Oracle stored procedure. I am confused by the apparent need to pass in a
parameter
when all I want to do is get a returned value.

Re:Returning a sequence number from an Oracle stored procedure

On 16 Dec 1997 10:47:40 GMT, "Robin Coode" <rob...@systems-team.co.uk>
wrote:

Just select it like you would a column, specifying DUAL as the table:

Sequence defined as:  s_CustNo

SELECT s_CustNo.NEXTVAL
  FROM sys.dual

>Can anyone give an example of how to return a sequence number from an
>Oracle stored procedure. I am confused by the apparent need to pass in a
>parameter
>when all I want to do is get a returned value.

Other Threads