Delphi 1 / VBA (Word 97)

How can I access Visual Basic for Word 97 in D1.

I have a Delphi 1 application, which formerly communicated with Word 6
via DDE.

Now I have to talk to Word 97, but must stick to Delphi 1.

Is it better to go via DDE or should I use OLEAutomation.
How can I manage it with Delphi 1. Any code snippets?

TIA,
        Arne
--
remove '(spam)' from my email address

Re:Delphi 1 / VBA (Word 97)

>How can I access Visual Basic for Word 97 in D1.

>I have a Delphi 1 application, which formerly communicated with Word 6
>via DDE.

>Now I have to talk to Word 97, but must stick to Delphi 1.

>Is it better to go via DDE or should I use OLEAutomation.
>How can I manage it with Delphi 1. Any code snippets?

Sounds really hectic, Arne. VBA access builds upon OLE Automation, which in
turn build upon OLE2, which is 32-bit. And Delphi 1, as you know, doesn't
know anything about 32-bit programming. I really think it's a lost cause...
However, you may want to check out, as a last resort, whether Word97
provides DDE-compliant access or not.

Good luck,

--
Christophe Porteneuve / Delphi Developer's Guild
Regional Vice-President - Paris, France

Other Threads