Pdx DB gets emptied if network connection forced closed

I'm experiencing this problem in multiple sites.

If a user is using our app with Paradox tables and they keep the app
open-thus the tables are open- when the backup software kicks in, it closes
all network connections.  This causes the app to crash when the users uses
it again after the backup, but  When they re-open it, their data is gone!

fortunately, they can restore from the backup, but the problem is an
aggravation.

I had it recently happen to a user on  a laptop that need to shut down his
system quickly so he may not have closed the app completely before the power
went down.  When he opened up the app again later, the data was gone!

Please help me resolve this issue.  Any suggestions would be welcome.

My e-mail is sco...@simin.com

Thanks