from windows 2000 to xp

A D4 app accessing paradox 7 tables runs fine on w2000.  The user
upgraded to xp. Now the app gets EDB Engine error  -  interface mismatch
engine version different.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Re:from windows 2000 to xp

What is the version of IDAPI32.DLL on the user's computer. It sounds
like he/she has an old version of the BDE.

--
Bill (TeamB)

Re:from windows 2000 to xp

>A D4 app accessing paradox 7 tables runs fine on w2000.  The user
>upgraded to xp. Now the app gets EDB Engine error  -  interface mismatch
>engine version different.

This error comes up when you have dlls from more than one version of BDE around.
Usually with some dlls in the application directory and BDE installed in its own
directory.

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Re:from windows 2000 to xp

From your comments, I suspect that when the user installed Paradox 7, the
installation installed some version of the BDE from the installation disk.

I have a copy of vesion 5.1.1 installation of the BDE.  Is this what should
run with Paradox 7?

Also, how should I cleanup up the old version before installing the new one?

Thanks

( p.s.  I apologize for the extra email replies.  I am not used to this new
email program )

> >A D4 app accessing paradox 7 tables runs fine on w2000.  The user
> >upgraded to xp. Now the app gets EDB Engine error  -  interface mismatch
> >engine version different.

> This error comes up when you have dlls from more than one version of BDE
around.
> Usually with some dlls in the application directory and BDE installed in
its own
> directory.

> --
> Brian Bushay (TeamB)
> Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Re:from windows 2000 to xp

>From your comments, I suspect that when the user installed Paradox 7, the
>installation installed some version of the BDE from the installation disk.

>I have a copy of vesion 5.1.1 installation of the BDE.  Is this what should
>run with Paradox 7?

Installing Paradox7 should not be a problem unless you have screwed up the
application by placing BDE dlls directly in the application directory.  This can
happen if you have done a partial BDE installation in the past.

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Re:from windows 2000 to xp

how do I cleanup so I can start over with a new installation of the BDE?

Re:from windows 2000 to xp

>how do I cleanup so I can start over with a new installation of the BDE?

Delete any BDE .dlls on your hard disk and references to them in the registry
--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Other Threads