HELP DELPHI DLL GURUS

I have been playing with the DLL concept for my app for a while, but I have
run into a problem.

Please download the example I have created of my problem from
http://www.theshop.net/akin/test.zip and help me figure this out.

The problem is that I would like to use a Datamodule.  I have created a
project that calls a dll that has a form and a datamodule in it.  I would
like to be able to open, close, and otherwise modify the file with code.  I
have not been able to to that and  the above mentioned project mentions
that. (Try the open and close buttons on the DLL form).

I sometimes just need an example of how to do this, and I have not seen one
yet in the books I have read.

Thanks,
Michael

Re:HELP DELPHI DLL GURUS

Sent fixed code (not really guru level problems in this one) directly to
Mike, if anyone has a similar problem feel free to post it, although you
might want to take the time to reduce it to a single problem.  I can't
imagine that too many people want to take the time to download your code
to take a crack at it, this one just spurred my interest because it's
something I just got done doing and I wanted to see if there was a
problem lurking that I was about to run into...  :)

The highlights:
1. Big variable scope issue, &
2. In _my_ experience it's not a good idea to _unnecessarily_ pass
handles to VCL components into DLLs to be used as parents...

Damon

Real World Solutions, Inc.
da...@rws.ames.net

Re:HELP DELPHI DLL GURUS

Damon,

Thanks for taking the time to download and test this problem for me.  I have
tried this several different ways (Packages and DLL's) and could not figure
it out for some reason.  I have looked at your changes, and they are subtle.
It looks like I was close, but no cigar (That has a whole new meaning now).

I also did not realize that the DLL would have its own application handle.

Again,
Thanks very much.  You have elevated me to a new level now.

Michael

Other Threads