Shortcut file format (something.lnk)

Hi. I know that this should be very simple but I can't
figure out the file format of the shortcut files. What goes
first & what is it's type (length if it's string). What has
to be included & what doesn't have... Is there some
freeware program that can make shortcuts with given
parametars? The poent is, I made a program, but my install
program can't add shortcuts becouse of this.

Re:Shortcut file format (something.lnk)

SpEeRo schrieb:

> Hi. I know that this should be very simple but I can't
> figure out the file format of the shortcut files. What goes
> first & what is it's type (length if it's string). What has

You should not create a real file ant try to fill it. Microsoft is free
to change the .lnk file layout in further versions of Windows. Use the
WinAPI functions instead. You can find an example (in C) in your Win32
OH. Search for 'Creating a Shortcut to a File'.

-Michael

Re:Shortcut file format (something.lnk)

I have a Delphi 3 application on my web page that does this.  Look for
"Delphi 3 Stuff/WPaper.zip"

--
                                                                     Cleon,

http://www.ionet.net/~baileyct

Luck is a lifetime of practice, followed by a moment of opportunity.
People decide what they believe, then look for reasons to believe it.

SpEeRo wrote in message <0a0bc822.bde3d...@usw-ex0109-069.remarq.com>...
>Hi. I know that this should be very simple but I can't
>figure out the file format of the shortcut files. What goes
>first & what is it's type (length if it's string). What has
>to be included & what doesn't have... Is there some
>freeware program that can make shortcuts with given
>parametars? The poent is, I made a program, but my install
>program can't add shortcuts becouse of this.

>* Sent from AltaVista http://www.altavista.com Where you can also find

related Web Pages, Images, Audios, Videos, News, and Shopping.  Smart is
Beautiful

Other Threads