Board index » delphi » Help with a real time timer

Help with a real time timer

To anyone who will help

I believe the Timer component supplied with Delphi is not real time. I
need a real time timer with a interval of one millisecond. If you know of
a timer of this nature please e-mail me at the address below.

Yours faithfully
Adrian Kirkby

 

Re:Help with a real time timer


Quote
>I believe the Timer component supplied with Delphi is not real time. I
>need a real time timer with a interval of one millisecond. If you know of
>a timer of this nature please e-mail me at the address below.

I want millisecond timing as well.  I have not found anything
for Delphi so far.

Andy

Re:Help with a real time timer


Quote
Andy McFarland wrote:

> >I believe the Timer component supplied with Delphi is not real time. I
> >need a real time timer with a interval of one millisecond. If you know of
> >a timer of this nature please e-mail me at the address below.

> I want millisecond timing as well.  I have not found anything
> for Delphi so far.

> Andy

This can be done using a multimedia timer.
I can't remember the API call offhand, but you have to use mmsystem to
access it.
Under D1 this call (and itscall back have to live in a DLL.

Chris)

Re:Help with a real time timer


In article <31986F3A.6...@cam.ac.uk>, "C.G. Buckley" <cgb1...@cam.ac.uk>
writes

Quote
>Andy McFarland wrote:

>> >I believe the Timer component supplied with Delphi is not real time. I
>> >need a real time timer with a interval of one millisecond. If you know of
>> >a timer of this nature please e-mail me at the address below.

>> I want millisecond timing as well.  I have not found anything
>> for Delphi so far.

Look out for RTCS.zip ( me thinks ) which I think is on the delphi
superpage ( freeware section ) somewhere.  It encapsulates the
multimedia timer and is almost identical to the bog standard timer only
merch farster !!!

Many tars to immo.wa...@mbst.uni-rostock.de for this great wee comp :)

/\        Andy Clark         /\
\/  Up to his neck as usual  \/

Re:Help with a real time timer


am>I want millisecond timing as well.  I have not found anything
am>for Delphi so far.

The multimedia timer have 1-ms resolution. I think I found a component
encapsulating it on the Delphi Super Page.

--
Mr. HillBilly (hillbi...@programmers.bbs.no)
Programmers BBS er oppe igjen, n? p? tlf. 22217666/22217669!
 tHyperSoft HyperReader 1.0t

Re:Help with a real time timer


Oi did wroite...

Quote

>Look out for RTCS.zip ( me thinks ) which I think is on the delphi
>superpage ( freeware section ) somewhere.  It encapsulates the
>multimedia timer and is almost identical to the bog standard timer only
>merch farster !!!

>Many tars to immo.wa...@mbst.uni-rostock.de for this great wee comp :)

I lost the zip file but took a guess at it's name ( the PAS file is
RTCS.PAS ), after careful reconsideration ? I tink de name be actually
RTIMER.ZIP or RTTIMER.ZIP,  aplodgies.

/\        Andy Clark         /\
\/  Up to his neck as usual  \/

Re:Help with a real time timer


Quote
Adrian Kirkby <akir...@hertz.mech.ac.za> wrote:
>To anyone who will help
>I believe the Timer component supplied with Delphi is not real time. I
>need a real time timer with a interval of one millisecond. If you know of
>a timer of this nature please e-mail me at the address below.
>Yours faithfully
>Adrian Kirkby

Search for RTIMER05.ZIP on the net or mail me and I send it to you.
I haven't tried it.
.............................................................................................................................................................
Component Overview

- TRtcTimer is descended from Tcomponent and is designated for use of
  realtime clock and use of it's hardware interrupts.
- TRtcTimers use is similar to use of Ttimer.
- Additional it owns a property Resolution for determine accuracy of
  interrupt time distance.
- There is only one instance allowed.(I did'nt found a better solution

  yet.)
- Ther is no need to a interrupt function inside a DLL.
- The OnTimerEvent is performed inside interrupt routine. Thats why no

  API-function calls are allowed inside.
.............................................................................................................................................................

Other Threads