Visual Solutions Pack VBX's crippled versions?

I'm trying to use the FormulaOne spreadsheet VBX that comes in the
Borland Visual Solution Pack. I cannot access any of the functions\
methods that allow you to modify the sheet object programatically.
(All the functions that begin with 'SS'). The doc's mention
include & lib files for BC++, VB and VC++ but I can't find anyway of
making Delphi recognize\compile the function calls. Am I just overlooking
something or did Borland 'do me' once again? Any help appreciated.

*  Peter Kott                       Phone :         (908) 805-9213  *
*  PAK Consulting                   EMail : p...@mars.superlink.net  *
****** This line available for a witty or insightful quotation ******

Re:Visual Solutions Pack VBX's crippled versions?

p...@mars.superlink.net (Pak) wrote:
>I'm trying to use the FormulaOne spreadsheet VBX that comes in the
>Borland Visual Solution Pack. I cannot access any of the functions\
>methods that allow you to modify the sheet object programatically.
>(All the functions that begin with 'SS'). The doc's mention
>include & lib files for BC++, VB and VC++ but I can't find anyway of
>making Delphi recognize\compile the function calls. Am I just overlooking
>something or did Borland 'do me' once again? Any help appreciated.

>--
>*  Peter Kott                       Phone :         (908) 805-9213  *
>*  PAK Consulting                   EMail : p...@mars.superlink.net  *
>****** This line available for a witty or insightful quotation ******

I've just about finished a Delphi binding for the FormulaOne spreadsheet
control.  Still testing, but it seems to work OK.

My company is willing to make it available for free if that can be done
without infringing any copyright.

Does anybody know about the legality of doing this, and if so,
can you point me at an FTP site that would accept the upload?

-----------------------------------
Matt Francomb, Setanta Software Ltd
http://www.demon.co.uk/setanta
-----------------------------------

Re:Visual Solutions Pack VBX's crippled versions?

I experienced the same problem.  The methods aren't really methods.
They are functions in the vtssdll.dll.  You have to make your own
include file for the DLL.  I made an include for a couple of
functions, but thats it.  Visual Components (the makers of FormulaOne)
doesn't support this version with Delphi.  You might want to call
Borland and see if they have created this include file.

Kevin Long
kev...@informix.com

p...@mars.superlink.net (Pak) wrote:
>I'm trying to use the FormulaOne spreadsheet VBX that comes in the
>Borland Visual Solution Pack. I cannot access any of the functions\
>methods that allow you to modify the sheet object programatically.
>(All the functions that begin with 'SS'). The doc's mention
>include & lib files for BC++, VB and VC++ but I can't find anyway of
>making Delphi recognize\compile the function calls. Am I just overlooking
>something or did Borland 'do me' once again? Any help appreciated.

>--
>*  Peter Kott                       Phone :         (908) 805-9213  *
>*  PAK Consulting                   EMail : p...@mars.superlink.net  *
>****** This line available for a witty or insightful quotation ******

Other Threads