Looking for Conversion from RTF to HTML and vice-versa

I am looking for a component that would allow the conversion from RTF to
HTML and back again for editing purposes on a web application.   Thanks in
advance.

Re:Looking for Conversion from RTF to HTML and vice-versa

Mervin Pearce (SACS) wrote:
> I am looking for a component that would allow the conversion from RTF to
> HTML and back again for editing purposes on a web application.   Thanks in
> advance.

How advanced do you need it to be? If you only want to convert the basic
FastHelpHTML unit in the StrSecII design time package.

--
Henrick Hellstr?m,
StreamSec http://www.streamsec.com

Re:Looking for Conversion from RTF to HTML and vice-versa

"Mervin Pearce \(SACS\)" <mervin.nos...@sacs.co.za> wrote in news:3ed8ccd6
@newsgroups.borland.com:

> I am looking for a component that would allow the conversion from RTF to
> HTML and back again for editing purposes on a web application.   Thanks in
> advance.

Search Google for "Scrooge"

Re:Looking for Conversion from RTF to HTML and vice-versa

Thanks, I will also look at the functionality of ScroogeXHTML located at

http://www55.pair.com/betasoft/scroogexhtml/index.html

"Chad Z. Hower aka Kudzu" <c...@hower.org> wrote in message

> "Mervin Pearce \(SACS\)" <mervin.nos...@sacs.co.za> wrote in news:3ed8ccd6
> @newsgroups.borland.com:
> > I am looking for a component that would allow the conversion from RTF to
> > HTML and back again for editing purposes on a web application.   Thanks
in
> > advance.

> Search Google for "Scrooge"

> --
> Chad Z. Hower (a.k.a. Kudzu) - http://www.hower.org/Kudzu/
>       "Programming is an art form that fights back"

Re:Looking for Conversion from RTF to HTML and vice-versa

Thanks, I knew I have something between all them up on the IDE ;-)
"Henrick Hellstr?m" <henr...@streamsec.se> wrote in message

> Mervin Pearce (SACS) wrote:
> > I am looking for a component that would allow the conversion from RTF to
> > HTML and back again for editing purposes on a web application.   Thanks
in
> > advance.

> How advanced do you need it to be? If you only want to convert the basic
> FastHelpHTML unit in the StrSecII design time package.

> --
> Henrick Hellstr?m,
> StreamSec http://www.streamsec.com
> Borland Technology Partner
> Need security enhancements for your Delphi application? Don't settle for
> anything less than StrSecII:
> http://www.streamsec.com/prod_strsec2.asp

Re:Looking for Conversion from RTF to HTML and vice-versa

> I am looking for a component that would allow the conversion from RTF to
> HTML and back again for editing purposes on a web application.   Thanks in
> advance.

It may be possible to do this using Word.  I don't know what quality HTML it
generates, but by definition it can handle all RTF.  It depends on how
complex your RTF is.

Oliver Townshend

Re:Looking for Conversion from RTF to HTML and vice-versa

>I am looking for a component that would allow the conversion from RTF to
>HTML and back again for editing purposes on a web application.   Thanks in
>advance.

If you don't rely on nested tables WPTools can be the answer. It loads
and saves both, RTF and HTML. It was not designed to be a HTML editor
from the beginning so the user will presented a way to work with the
text similar to a usual word processor. The main difference is that in
WPTools a table is not an "object". This can be a disadvantage if you
need that way of table handling but if you don't, it makes things
(selecting text, cursor movement, copy&paste etc) much easier. So it
really depends on your application and your needs.

Included in WPTools Standard is the source code for the reader and
writer objects which makes it possible to write simplified HTML code
(for example leave out the header) - which will be good if the text
has to be placed in a table cell which handles the layout of the page.

If you use WPTools you get a powerful, featurerich word processing
comonent which unmatched mailmerge capability which can serve you in
many other ways, too.

Julian Ziersch
www.wptools.de

Other Threads