Turbo Pascal 1.5 or 7.0 under Win 95?

Greetings,
        I was wondering if anyone would be able to tell me if TP 1.5 for
Windows, or TP 7.0 for DOS work correctly and reliably under Win95.
Since it is for a beginning programmer, the reliablity is an issue,
since I have heard of some programming programs not working absolutely
correct under Win95.  Oh, btw, does Borland plan on releasing a Win95
anytime soon?

TIA,
Patrick

Re:Turbo Pascal 1.5 or 7.0 under Win 95?

Patrick Nixon wrote:

> Greetings,
>         I was wondering if anyone would be able to tell me if TP 1.5 for
> Windows, or TP 7.0 for DOS work correctly and reliably under Win95.
> Since it is for a beginning programmer, the reliablity is an issue,
> since I have heard of some programming programs not working absolutely
> correct under Win95.  Oh, btw, does Borland plan on releasing a Win95
> anytime soon?

> TIA,
> Patrick

I use both TPW1.5 and TP7.0 under Win95.  TP7.0 works just fine out of
the box.  For TPW1.5 you need two patches; one for WINCRT2:
 ftp://ftp.borland.com/pub/techinfo/techdocs/language/pascal/wincrt2.zip
and one for Turbo De{*word*81}
 ftp://ftp.borland.com/pub/techinfo/techdocs/other/misc/tdsvga.zip
This first is 12kb, the second is 179kb.

Greetings,
Greg Shubert                        gshub...@non-hp.fc.hp.com
Standard disclaimer: not necessarily the views of Manpower, HP, etc.

Patrick Nixon wrote:
>         I was wondering if anyone would be able to tell me if TP 1.5 for
> Windows, or TP 7.0 for DOS work correctly and reliably under Win95.
> Since it is for a beginning programmer, the reliablity is an issue,
> since I have heard of some programming programs not working absolutely
> correct under Win95.  Oh, btw, does Borland plan on releasing a Win95
> anytime soon?

I have been using Turbo Pascal 7.0 for DOS under Windows 95 for almost a
year now, with not a single problem.  Haven't tried TP/Win 1.5 though.
Delphi 2.0 is Borland's Pascal for Windows 95.

     - Rich

In article <323889D7.7...@non-hp.fc.hp.com> Greg Shubert <gshub...@non-hp.fc.hp.com> writes:
>From: Greg Shubert <gshub...@non-hp.fc.hp.com>
>Subject: Re: Turbo Pascal 1.5 or 7.0 under Win 95?
>Date: Thu, 12 Sep 1996 16:08:23 -0600
>Patrick Nixon wrote:

>> Greetings,
>>         I was wondering if anyone would be able to tell me if TP 1.5 for
>> Windows, or TP 7.0 for DOS work correctly and reliably under Win95.
>> Since it is for a beginning programmer, the reliablity is an issue,
>> since I have heard of some programming programs not working absolutely
>> correct under Win95.  Oh, btw, does Borland plan on releasing a Win95
>> anytime soon?

>> TIA,
>> Patrick
>I use both TPW1.5 and TP7.0 under Win95.  TP7.0 works just fine out of
>the box.  For TPW1.5 you need two patches; one for WINCRT2:
> ftp://ftp.borland.com/pub/techinfo/techdocs/language/pascal/wincrt2.zip
>and one for Turbo De{*word*81}
> ftp://ftp.borland.com/pub/techinfo/techdocs/other/misc/tdsvga.zip
>This first is 12kb, the second is 179kb.
>Greetings,
>Greg Shubert                        gshub...@non-hp.fc.hp.com
>Standard disclaimer: not necessarily the views of Manpower, HP, etc.

I am experiencing some strange problems while running BP7.0 for Windows under
Win95.  I would be grateful if someone could tell me whether there are patches
available to help me too.

Thanks in advance,
Richard Corkish,
University of New South Wales

Re:Turbo Pascal 1.5 or 7.0 under Win 95?

In article <r.corkish.9.000EE...@pop3.unsw.edu.au>, r.cork...@pop3.unsw.edu.au
says...

>I am experiencing some strange problems while running BP7.0 for Windows under
>Win95.  I would be grateful if someone could tell me whether there are
>patches
>available to help me too.

>Thanks in advance,
>Richard Corkish,
>University of New South Wales

Ditto, Richard. What I've found most annoying thus far is the accelerated
cursor-flash in the Windows IDE (generally starts after calling Compile/Run/
or some external tool such as Grep etc).

Information on any patches for the numerous glitches would be most welcome
from any source.

Other Threads