Force a name in last position (SQL 2000)

Hi,

I have a software for academic managment.

This manage a list of students, like this

Code    Last Name  First Name
1          Montoya      Mario
2          Zapata         Juan

But, i need insert a new student for example

3         Arango         Julio

and in the reports, this need show it: (with ORDER BY Last Name)

1          Montoya      Mario
2          Zapata         Juan
3         Arango         Julio

This is a requeriment for my customers.  In VFP, i put the char ALT+0216
before the last name and the database put this student in the last position.

But with Sql Server 2000 this not happend. I try with all chars (0-245) but
nothing work...

Any idea?

NOTE: Collation is Spanish...

Re:Force a name in last position (SQL 2000)

one autoincrement column more ?

"mamcx" <ma...@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:3c080522_2@dnews...
> Hi,

> I have a software for academic managment.

> This manage a list of students, like this

> Code    Last Name  First Name
> 1          Montoya      Mario
> 2          Zapata         Juan

> But, i need insert a new student for example

> 3         Arango         Julio

> and in the reports, this need show it: (with ORDER BY Last Name)

> 1          Montoya      Mario
> 2          Zapata         Juan
> 3         Arango         Julio

> This is a requeriment for my customers.  In VFP, i put the char ALT+0216
> before the last name and the database put this student in the last
position.

> But with Sql Server 2000 this not happend. I try with all chars (0-245)
but
> nothing work...

> Any idea?

> NOTE: Collation is Spanish...