Database: D:\INTERB~1\ISC4.GDB Internal gds software consistency check (cannot start thread)

Interbase 6.01 on Windows 2000 Server.
I get the following error in interbase.log and the clients get the error
that they cannot attach to the password database. Sofar, restarting the
server was the only solution I found. But it happens once a week. Any
suggestions. If you guys say it is the isc4.gdb is corrupt, can you please
give me the directions to fix it (like what all services need to be stopped
during the process.)
Thanks
-Rao

Re:Database: D:\INTERB~1\ISC4.GDB Internal gds software consistency check (cannot start thread)

rao wrote:

> If you guys say it is the isc4.gdb is corrupt, can you please
> give me the directions to fix it (like what all services need to be stopped
> during the process.)

        I don't know if this is the problem, but you can ensure your copy of
isc4.gdb is safe by backing it up and restoring it.  Back up isc4.gdb
like you'd back up any other IB DB.  Restore it to a different
location.  Stop IB and copy the "old" isc4.gdb to a backup location so
that you can go back if for any reason something's wrong with the new
one.  Copy the new one into its place.

        This should eliminate the integrity of isc4.gdb as a problem.

        HTH,

        -Craig