numeric types with IB and Oracle

I want to use DBX components to access both IB and Oracle.
That's because I have some users using IB and others using Oracle.
But the problem is that numeric fields without decimals are treated
differently with each of them.
That is, when I use an IB database, Delphi creates these fields as
TIntegerField, but using Oracle database, it creates as TBCDField.
So I can't use an SQLDataset for accessing tables in both RDBMS.
Is there a way of solving this ?
Or I still have to use BDE ?
I'm using Delphi 6.2, IB 6.01 and Personal Oracle 8.1.6 for my tests.
Thanks in advance.
Ana

Re:numeric types with IB and Oracle

This is a known issue and we plan to address this issue. For now, use
precision > 9 while creating IB NUMERIC fields and that will get mapped as
BCD.

T.Ramesh.

"Ana Abrantes" <ana.abran...@zaz.com.br> wrote in message

> I want to use DBX components to access both IB and Oracle.
> That's because I have some users using IB and others using Oracle.
> But the problem is that numeric fields without decimals are treated
> differently with each of them.
> That is, when I use an IB database, Delphi creates these fields as
> TIntegerField, but using Oracle database, it creates as TBCDField.
> So I can't use an SQLDataset for accessing tables in both RDBMS.
> Is there a way of solving this ?
> Or I still have to use BDE ?
> I'm using Delphi 6.2, IB 6.01 and Personal Oracle 8.1.6 for my tests.
> Thanks in advance.
> Ana

Other Threads