Displaying Child Records For Multiple Master Records

I have two tables both containing a customer number field, table1 is the
header containing customer details and table 2 contains transactions. I
would like to be able to display all of the transactions in a dbgrid for all
of the filtered results of table1 records. for example:

I filter table1 for all the customers in England, I would then like a dbgrid
to list the transactions for all the resulting table1 customers.

There is a couple of million records in both tables, I would like to get the
speed achieved when using the mastersource property but allowing me to view
the details from all the records not just the currently selected master
record.

Thanks for any help.

--
Mark Roebuck
Director

Infolink Europe Ltd

UK & European Company Data
www.infolink-europe.com
mailto:mroeb...@infolink-europe.com

Re:Displaying Child Records For Multiple Master Records

You will need to use a query to display the detail records.

--
Bill

Bill Todd (TeamB)

Re:Displaying Child Records For Multiple Master Records

2 ways:

1-Use a Query.
2-Or filter the transaction table for the criteria you want.

Pedro MG
CBR600 F4 '99 (preta e cinza)
"No points for Pole, no points for Fast Lap, you've got to win the Race"
pedro.gar...@clix.pt

Other Threads