Delphi Client/Server problem

Hi,

I just got Delphi Client/Server Suite and have loaded it on a Win95
machine. My problem is that I can't seem to connect to my SQL database
running the 32 bit version it resides on a NT 3.51 running MS Sql Server
4.21. Whenever I try to connect I get the following BDE errors:

  (15879) 'Vendor initialization failed'
  (8458) 'File: NTWDBLIB.DLL'

So far I have tried reinstalling Delphi no change. Copying the
NTWDBLIB.DLL file from my NT server only change is that it finds the
file but still get the 'Vendor initialization failed' error. I can't
find the file anyplace on my machine.

I would like to find a more current NTWDBLIB.DLL file the one I have is
dated 7-15-94. Does anyone know where I can find it? Or have any other
ideas?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
EMail would be preferable as I have troubles finding the time to read
the news groups regularly.

Thanks,
Ken Carlson

Re:Delphi Client/Server problem

I had same problem with SQL Server 6.5.  Installed the client software that
comes with SQL Server on my workstation and error disappeared.  Hope this
helps.

> I just got Delphi Client/Server Suite and have loaded it on a Win95
> machine. My problem is that I can't seem to connect to my SQL database
> running the 32 bit version it resides on a NT 3.51 running MS Sql Server
> 4.21. Whenever I try to connect I get the following BDE errors:

Other Threads